2019 CLS - Press Release

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
only black interiors on UK configurator

Love the CLS in general. Had the original. Wanted a 218 but couldn’t get it. Now looking for a facelift 218. In my opinion the best looking Mercedes currently on sale. The front, back and wheels, everything is touched up perfectly.

I do like the look of the new one, but until I see it in person I reserve to comment on the rear of the car. The things I will not change my mind about are the smaller allows, which simply do not suit the car and the black plastic trim on the bottom of the rear bumper.
That has no place on such calibre of car.

I've never liked any CLS since the first - those lines were awesome.
I'd still have mine if it wasn't for the fact it *ate* tyres (mine was running offset front/rears and had been tuned by the former owner and 'squatted' every time you went for the throttle...)

Everybody loves any car if it has 8 cylinders.
I’m not 100% but I don’t think this new CLS will have a V8.

Straight 6 unless I’m mistaken

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

You’re not, there won’t be a V8 model, that’s the GT 4 door

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Straight 6 unless I’m mistaken
It’s going to be slightly baffling that you will be able to buy a little C-Class with a V8 but the bigger, more luxurious CLS you won’t. Just think about that for a second; the model in between the E-Class and S-Class won’t be able to be bought with a V8.

I’m sure someone will come along and tell me it’s all for the customers benefit though, much like the “you can have any colour interior as long as it’s black sir” schtick.

It’s going to be slightly baffling that you will be able to buy a little C-Class with a V8 but the bigger, more luxurious CLS you won’t. Just think about that for a second; the model in between the E-Class and S-Class won’t be able to be bought with a V8.

I’m sure someone will come along and tell me it’s all for the customers benefit though, much like the “you can have any colour interior as long as it’s black sir” schtick.

It’s not baffling, AMG sell a model called the GT 4 door that’s almost exactly the same size. The CLS63 hardly sold at all, so they’re losing out on very little business, but opening up a much bigger market with the GT 4 door

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

It’s not baffling, AMG sell a model called the GT 4 door that’s almost exactly the same size. The CLS63 hardly sold at all, so they’re losing out on very little business, but opening up a much bigger market with the GT 4 door
It is baffling to me; they’ve essentially given up on that sector and given Audi (with the RS7) and BMW (with the M6 GC) their share.

but opening up a much bigger market with the GT 4 door
Which market is that, the Porsche Panamera? Early pricing for the four door GT 63 S looks that way anyway.

Certainly a bold move trying to muscle in at those prices, it’ll be interesting to see how much of the market share Mercedes picks up from them.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom