2019 Mercedes C-Class Revealed

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

mark0006

Car
190e
To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

That awful iPad stuck to the dash still there. :(

Agreed - looks to be even bigger and more of an afterthought!
Very lazy facelift of the C-Class - especially when you look at the new A and G-Class interiors.

Agreed - looks to be even bigger and more of an afterthought!
Very lazy facelift of the C-Class - especially when you look at the new A and G-Class interiors.

I don’t think I it’s lazy at all, the car is the leader in its segment. They’ve tackled the main issue which is the engine lineup imo. Looks wise, there’s absolutely no reason for them to make drastic changes, when it still looks fresh.

The A Class and G Class aren’t facelifts anyway, they’re brand new models, so that’s not really a fair comparison. They’d have to change the whole structure of the dash to lose the screen type it has now, which we won’t see until W206 in 2020

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I don’t think I it’s lazy at all, the car is the leader in its segment. They’ve tackled the main issue which is the engine lineup imo. Looks wise, there’s absolutely no reason for them to make drastic changes, when it still looks fresh.

The A Class and G Class aren’t facelifts anyway, they’re brand new models, so that’s not really a fair comparison. They’d have to change the whole structure of the dash to lose the screen type it has now, which we won’t see until W206 in 2020

No mention of the EQ Power models James, C400 and C400d that have been mooted.

Any info at all?

Agreed, the W205 is so much better than my last w204 in every way. The cabin is such a nice place to be, the screen isn’t to everyone’s taste admittedly but I think it’s something that stands out more on pictures and videos, when you drive and live with the car, it fits in well with the design of the wide centre console and the lines of the dashboard. Just not an issue imo.

...So still no dual-LCD dash option for the C-Class, in spite of the (photoshopped?) spy-shots and rumours?

No mention of the EQ Power models James, C400 and C400d that have been mooted.

Any info at all?

Not sure if they’re both confirmed for the uk, but we should know next month

Before we got the car, I wasn't a huge fan of the iPad on the dash. Didn't take long to get used to it from a driving point of view and now I actually like it. The new wider screen is an improvement IMHO, though I hope they make better graphical use of the real estate.

I don't like all the buttons on the new steering wheel, looks 'fussy'

Before we got the car, I wasn't a huge fan of the iPad on the dash. Didn't take long to get used to it from a driving point of view and now I actually like it. The new wider screen is an improvement IMHO, though I hope they make better graphical use of the real estate.

I don't like all the buttons on the new steering wheel, looks 'fussy'

All part of the mobile phone generation design of car controls - lots of unfeasably small buttons on the steering wheel shortly to be replaced by "intuitive" touch screen technology with nary a switch or stalk in sight. How do I switch on my wipers? --- well - provided you haven't got them switched to the auto- super-sensitive "sprint" setting [ default from factory on ignition activation] where they will switch on if a single drop of moisture settles on the screen- you'll find you can change the sensitivity settings under Electrical services /cabin/ environment/vision/ sensitivity------ sub/sub /sub/sub/sub menu--- of course they can be accessed at any time by touching the top left corner of the touch screen three times [ you may have to lick your finger for this to work] and whistling the opening lines to "ode to joy" into the hidden voice mike [ americans have to whistle "dixie" instead] - a warning- be careful not to whistle the opening bars of "holst's planet suite " as this will bring up the aircon menu instead. Simple when you come to think about it.

All part of the mobile phone generation design of car controls - lots of unfeasably small buttons on the steering wheel shortly to be replaced by "intuitive" touch screen technology with nary a switch or stalk in sight. How do I switch on my wipers? --- well - provided you haven't got them switched to the auto- super-sensitive "sprint" setting [ default from factory on ignition activation] where they will switch on if a single drop of moisture settles on the screen- you'll find you can change the sensitivity settings under Electrical services /cabin/ environment/vision/ sensitivity------ sub/sub /sub/sub/sub menu--- of course they can be accessed at any time by touching the top left corner of the touch screen three times [ you may have to lick your finger for this to work] and whistling the opening lines to "ode to joy" into the hidden voice mike [ americans have to whistle "dixie" instead] - a warning- be careful not to whistle the opening bars of "holst's planet suite " as this will bring up the aircon menu instead. Simple when you come to think about it.

Incompetent fingers detected - the vehicle has been deactivated. Please contact your dealer for further training.

Hi,
I have got eczema and very dry skin, even on my fingers - these touch screens are a right nuisance!
Cheers
Steve

I don't understand how essential ancillaries operated only by touch screen get type approval. It's a real step backwards in driving safety. We don't have autonomous cars yet. I'm sorry but the this touch screen approach is pure laziness on the manufacturers part, done because software is easier to change than hardware and to hell with keeping the drivers eyes on the road.

I don't understand how essential ancillaries operated only by touch screen get type approval. It's a real step backwards in driving safety. We don't have autonomous cars yet. I'm sorry but the this touch screen approach is pure laziness on the manufacturers part, done because software is easier to change than hardware and to hell with keeping the drivers eyes on the road.
I love gadgets but I totally agree, I can't believe they get away it. All the billions they spend on crash testing and laws against using phones in cars... then they decide that having to scroll through a tablet to adjust the heater is a good idea :rolleyes:

No wonder you see cars veering over the centre of the road all the time now

The boot looks better than the current c class, looks like they have dropped the coupe as it wasnt shown in the vid

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom