204 foldable mirrors- adjustable?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Dutchbenz

Purmerend, Netherlands deceased 26-12-2018
Car
2008 S204 C230 estate
The W/S 204 has foldable mirrors, if desired. My right mirror, in folded position, touches the chrome doorfinisher in a way that there is already a dent in the finisher. A small one, but still.
Is there some sort of adjustment inside the housing that it keeps clear of the finisher or is it just wear of the mechanism?
I tried to wiggle the housing a bit in either position but there is no play.

Unfolded:
pmmjbWFSj

Folded:
pnCRVSzzj

The dent:
IMG_6256.JPG - Click to see more photos

There's quite a few videos on YouTube about W204 folding mirrors if you care to look. Be wary there's a change in design at one point in time so make sure you are looking at your particular version. The entire mirror assembly is held on with 3 screws and washers- don't think there's any adjustment. You can access it by prising off the little triangular black trim at the lower front corner of the window frame. You could then try reseating it?

Thank you grober for reply, I have to pull it apart for closer look. What I did notice, it is only a matter of a few millimetres difference at the mounting points so a single washer will solve it.
Awaiting better weather.

My pre-facelift mirrors don't touch!

The mirror unit is held on with 3 bolts you can access behind the tweeter on the inside of the door. I think if you were to undo these and put a washer or two in as a shim, it might stand the mirror out just enough to not touch?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom