210 E-Class. Avantgarde Suspension vs Standard Sports Chassis. Any height difference?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

ringway

MB Enthusiast
SUPPORTER
Car
2017 Audi RS6 Avant Performance Edition. Range Rover Supercharged - Lovely!
On a S210, can anyone confirm if Avantgarde suspension set up is lower, the same or higher than the Standard Sports Chassis?

I'm returning my car to Standard Sports Chassis and want to establish if I can fit 245/40/18 tyres on 8" rims. Rears are no problem but the fronts may be too little room. All arches are rolled.

TIA.

Paul.

Avantgarde is the sport set up P.

245 will be too tall...in that they will foul the forward part of the arch. 235s are 4mm lower on the side wall.

Avantgarde is the sport set up P.

245 will be too tall...in that they will foul the forward part of the arch. 235s are 4mm lower on the side wall.

Thanks for getting back to me, Ciaran. :thumb::thumb:

I have got 245/45/18 on the front of my S210 E430 Avantgarde with H&R spring setup and they do not foul the arches.
ps the front spring rubbers are 5 pips

I have got 245/45/18 on the front of my S210 E430 Avantgarde with H&R spring setup and they do not foul the arches.
ps the front spring rubbers are 5 pips

Thanks.

That has thickened the plot... I was set to order 235's. :confused:

Could you tell me what the measurements are from the middle of your centre cap to the top of the wheel arch, please?

Thanks.

That has thickened the plot... I was set to order 235's. :confused:

Could you tell me what the measurements are from the middle of your centre cap to the top of the wheel arch, please?

I suppose we could guestimate the measurement near enough..
Wheels are 18"
Radius is 9"
Tyre sidewall is 4.3" (on 245/45 x 18)

Centre of wheel to outer tyre edge is 13.3"

So as far as I can tell from his photo the centre to wheel arch is +/- 14 - 14.5" (Front)

360mm from the center of the wheel to the bottom of the arch
245/40/18 tyres H&R springs with 5 pip rubbers on the springs
hope this helps

I'm going to throw a curved ball in I can't confirm for the W210 but on the W208 the sport chassis set up is lower than the rest of the range. IIRC about 27mm as mines -37mm on Standard so I went a further 10mm.

As I say not sure about the 210 though

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom