210 estate tailgate trim fasteners

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

coalville126

Car
W126 300SE, S210 E55, R107, Subaru Legacy ST
Finally tackled a blown reverse light bulb which was bugging me and noticed someone ham-fisted had been there before. I need replacements for the push-fit rivet fasteners and was wondering if anyone has the part numbers.

I would normally look up the EPC, but my new Windows 8 PC refuses to recognise and load the discs.

It wasn't a blown bulb after all, just bad contacts.

I've done a bit of digging and come up with A1409900592. Can anyone confirm if this is the correct fasteners or rivets as MB calls them. They appear to be available in various interior colours. I need them in black.

I've dropped Inchcape parts a couple of emails over the past week or so as the part doesn't come up on the search function, but haven't heard back from them.

Dec - Just clicked on your link and the p/no is A1409900592 with two zeros. The pic shows the exact part I need.

I'll pop down to my stealer tomorrow and see what they come up with. Can't imagine they'll cost much.

I see what you mean, I was gong by the number in the 5th picture.

Dec

Finally tackled a blown reverse light bulb which was bugging me and noticed someone ham-fisted had been there before. I need replacements for the push-fit rivet fasteners and was wondering if anyone has the part numbers.

I would normally look up the EPC, but my new Windows 8 PC refuses to recognise and load the discs.

It wasn't a blown bulb after all, just bad contacts.

I had the same contacts issue in mine. Very poor quality. And the outer lens 'cover' is coming off so I'm replacing the complete fittings.

I've had no issues with the lamp units, just the bulb holder contacts which admittedly looks poor quality thin "white" metal compared to my W126 which are brass, then again, the bulbs look like the originals, so with a bit of a clean up on all he bulb holders and smear of dielectric grease while I'm in there, it should be good for another few years.

There's two, one on the side and one on the bottom (which is the one you want I think)

The part number is correct, it states a code at the end for the colour. The one I've posted is for a black rivet

W210.jpg

Finally ordered the parts earlier today from Inchcape when they got back to me.

Somehow they list item 170 as A14099005929B51 at 0.86 each, 6 required.

Item 120 is A20199002929051 at £0.92 each, 2 required.

So all relatively inexpensive.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom