210 Jacking Point Corrosion

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

tjamesbo

Car
CLK430 ,Vito V6 sport ,Jaguar 2.5 X type ,W124's 1993 220TE , 1994 320TE ,Mastercraft X5
Heres what I found when investigating why my Front Drivers jacking point had sunk about 1.5cm into the bodywork :(
32FD0205-CD4B-4999-B57D-BB4CE177A24F_zpskkhn3qtx.jpg

D637BB63-EF52-459B-9D9C-F66A577742BB_zpskhrqtxqd.jpg

Either a repair section or some nifty welding required

Another classic light weight Mercedes! You can now stick an SL badge on the back :D

When I bought the car it had some jacking rubbers missing , didnt think anything of it at the time ....... of course if it isnt there there is a hole which is open to salt water etc it seemed OK when I fitted the Pad about 3yrs ago but obviously it was going from the inside out :(

The sight of that rust scares the hell out of me!

The jacking pad support structure is available as a -200 part £26 from Germany
none have been supplied to UK at all yet :( But it means cutting the Top part of the sill / structure which is a bigger job and more invasive .
I am going to have a chat with my freindly welder as to best option
The Jacking Tube is still Fine and the inner main beam at vthe side of the tunnel is fine so do i really need the pad ? ie is it worth repairing the lower part rustproof the rest weld a patch over the sill bottom and leave it ...... how long before the car rusts away anyway?
Also got to check the other side of the car:eek:

Last edited:
Just do a decent repair through the hole you have made, plate the bottom, rustproof it and refit the cover.

The jacking pad support structure is available as a -200 part £26 from Germany
none have been supplied to UK at all yet :( But it means cutting the Top part of the sill / structure which is a bigger job and more invasive .
I am going to have a chat with my freindly welder as to best option
The Jacking Tube is still Fine and the inner main beam at vthe side of the tunnel is fine so do i really need the pad ? ie is it worth repairing the lower part rustproof the rest weld a patch over the sill bottom and leave it ...... how long before the car rusts away anyway?
Also got to check the other side of the car:eek:

Hello, i can give a quote for the welding work.. When you have the time call me 01342 83 7836

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom