30 post rule

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Lenticular

Car
Ford Expedition King Ranch, MG TF, Honda Civic, Volvo V70, Bentley Eight, Rolls Royce 25/30.
Far be it for me as a newcomer to this forum to comment on the rules, but I find the 30 post rule a bit harsh.

I am a 10 year member of 3 other forums and am speaking from experience.

I wasn't bothered until I saw a Bentley link mentioned on the Cars For Sale forum.

I am a 20 year member of the RREC and BDC, and thought I would comment on the spec and pricing of that car.

Being on the 'for sale' section I am prevented from doing so, though I have no wish to actually buy or sell.

Now while I can understand the reasoning behind at least some posting experience, as I say I find 30 posts a little high.

I don't think that anyone can post in the for sale section except the seller.

Here we go .... from the Classifieds main page ...

Buy and sell items here. Commercial ads will be removed. Be advised that you cannot reply to classified threads , and you need to have made 30 posts in other forums before you can submit an advert.

No one can reply to the classifieds except the seller , as highlighted in red.

30 posts is to stop people joining up purely to sell stuff , we have a good sense of community here and would like to keep it that way.

It's a free forum.

Live with the rules or ........

Howard, point taken and that stops the board becoming a cheapy AutoMart. But at the same time, I agree with Lenticular. I just joined because I bought an old Merc, wanted to talk to other owners, share experiences, buy spares where I could and so on. Some of it I can do, some of it I can't. I wanted to contact Pontoneer and ended up having to post a general "help" message for someone to pass the message on. When he got it, he couldn't message me back (I'm under 30 as it were). I'm a member of the Citroen Car Club and the Rover P4 Guild (shhh, I know...) and both those sites don't have these rules and I've never been spammed. Just a thought as a newbie...

Well , before it was introduced quite a few of us were spammed , a lot. The 30 post rule has only been in place for 12/18 months IIRC ...

Comes from being such a popular forum with such a large member base i guess .

If you joined up to talk to other owners and share experiences , thirty posts isn't so many to make is it ?

Well , before it was introduced quite a few of us were spammed , a lot. The 30 post rule has only been in place for 12/18 months IIRC ...

Comes from being such a popular forum with such a large member base i guess .

If you joined up to talk to other owners and share experiences , thirty posts isn't so many to make is it ?

OK, spam is really irritating and if you got spammedalot, I understand it. Anyway, I'm edging closer to the 30 as we speak, literally :D Ta and I appreciate the effort the moderators etc put into running one of these so I'll shut up now :eek:

Here we go .... from the Classifieds main page ...

Buy and sell items here. Commercial ads will be removed. Be advised that you cannot reply to classified threads , and you need to have made 30 posts in other forums before you can submit an advert.

No one can reply to the classifieds except the seller , as highlighted in red.

30 posts is to stop people joining up purely to sell stuff , we have a good sense of community here and would like to keep it that way.

I'm not dim....and I really didn't need to have that pointed out in quite such a condescending way.
I don't want to buy or sell, but surely I can just COMMENT on something !!

I understand the sense of community thing and if you want proof see how I have held a community together for nearly 10 years at F150 online. com, where I use the same screen name !! (King Ranch forum)

Last edited:
OK, spam is really irritating and if you got spammedalot, I understand it. Anyway, I'm edging closer to the 30 as we speak, literally :D Ta and I appreciate the effort the moderators etc put into running one of these so I'll shut up now :eek:

Also worth mentioning that this forum is not just about cars - it's as much (if not more so) about people, therefore the scope for posts toward the first 30 is somewhat easier than other forums

IMHO of course!

i'm not dim....and i really didn't need to have that pointed out in quite such a condescending way.
I don't want to buy or sell, but surely i can just comment on something !!

I understand the sense of community thing and if you want proof see how i have held a community together for nearly 10 years at f150 online. Com, where i use the same screen name !! (king ranch forum)

22!

Also worth mentioning that this forum is not just about cars - it's as much (if not more so) about people, therefore the scope for posts toward the first 30 is somewhat easier than other forums

IMHO of course!

Except off-topic of course...

I'm not dim....and I really didn't need to have that pointed out in quite such a condescending way.
I don't want to buy or sell, but surely I can just COMMENT on something !!

WTF ? what are you going on about fella , i copied that verbatim , i didn't highlight it in red , thats how it is on the page .....

http://www.mbclub.co.uk/forums/clas...4-classified-adverts-updated-june-2009-a.html

I never said you were dim , but going off like that when you haven't even read the rules is marking you out mate ...

NO YOU CAN'T COMMENT ON AN ADVERT , NONE OF US CAN !

Thought i was being helpful , i won't bother in future .

Welcome on board.

does the 30 posts rule include those that don't go on your post count, like off topic posts? Just curious:dk:

WTF ? what are you going on about fella , i copied that verbatim , i didn't highlight it in red , thats how it is on the page .....

http://www.mbclub.co.uk/forums/clas...4-classified-adverts-updated-june-2009-a.html

I never said you were dim , but going off like that when you haven't even read the rules is marking you out mate ...

NO YOU CAN'T COMMENT ON AN ADVERT , NONE OF US CAN !

Thought i was being helpful , i won't bother in future .

Welcome on board.

Mark me out then !!!

But if you had read my original post carefully you would see that I said I understood the reasoning behind the rule!
Nevertheless when NOT wanting to buy or sell perhaps there could be some way of still commenting on things where someone might possibly have something useful to say.

PS This is great...getting towards my 30 post very rapidly tonight !!

Mark me out then !!!

But if you had read my original post carefully you would see that I said I understood the reasoning behind the rule!
Nevertheless when NOT wanting to buy or sell perhaps there could be some way of still commenting on things where someone might possibly have something useful to say.

PS This is great...getting towards my 30 post very rapidly tonight !!

Ok

Why not just start a topic and make your comments on the car, it's easy enough.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom