320 cls heavy steering

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

colin 320cls

Car
merc 320cls
Hi All recently purchased above car , very pleased with it but steering v heavy..all suspension joints checked and wheels tracked but no improvement.

Any CLS320 owners experience heavy steering...would welcome feedback from CLS owners...thanks...

I'm no expert , have you checked the power steering fluid level?

Yes all OK wonder if the P/S pump is weak and not putting out enough pressure

Yes all OK wonder if the P/S pump is weak and not putting out enough pressure

sounds like another possibility, I'd take the car to a recommended independent for a look over rather than MB dealer costs.

Well it all depends on what car you are comparing the CLS too,if you are used to smaller front wheel cars then a car like the CLS could feel like it has heavy steering my S320 is a lot heavier than other front wheel drive cars I have owned but of course take it to a independent merc service center they will soon tell you if it is heavy

The steering on my CLS500 is as light as a feather.

Something is wrong with yours by the sound of it.

If speed sensor data is missing, parametric steering goes stiff. Also valve of param.steering may be jammed.

had it checked with an Indie...he did the tracking but could not find any thing else wrong with it! said the 320cls has heavy steering...I think a trip to a MB dealer is the next port of call...no parametric steering on this car though...any CLS drivers reports welcome... thanks...

MWCLS said:
I'm no expert , have you checked the power steering fluid level?

Mine seems heavy at the moment. Would over filling the fluid reservoir present any problems? (I may have gone a little overboard this morning!)

had it checked with an Indie...he did the tracking but could not find any thing else wrong with it! said the 320cls has heavy steering...I think a trip to a MB dealer is the next port of call...no parametric steering on this car though...any CLS drivers reports welcome... thanks...

I'm surprised there is no parametric steering...I would have thought it was standard?

Mine seems heavy at the moment. Would over filling the fluid reservoir present any problems? (I may have gone a little overboard this morning!)

Possibly, mine is one finger turn, really easy.

Iam Citroen technician and before my cls i drove grand c4 picasso_On first place i tought steering is heavy on my cls but its not,its depend on what you drive before.Its just more safely on cls.But anyway might be something wrong when is really haevy.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom