320E Classic in Spain

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Clivefa

Car
C220 Cdi AMG Kawasaki ZX10R
My son lives in Southern Spain and has spotted this 320E classic.
I think it is an ok buy, but I would very much appreciate the panel's opinions and what he should particularly look out for.

Hi Clive,for starters that`ll be an E320 instead of a 320E.Not that it maters anyway
The main enemy to W210 is rust but considering where it is it might be solid
Check if the wiring loom has been done,considering it has the same engine as the previous model

Rust is the major issue on W210s, being as its in Spain it should be alright, but they still have 2-3 months a year 'wet' season. Check the all the arches, sills around the bootlock and handle.

Expensive compared to UK prices!

As said above ,rust is the biggest killer on 210,s . There a great car though and the 320 petrol engine would be nice .
The Classic is the base model , with the Elegance and Avantgarde being the upper trim levels .
The price of cars in Spain must be high , 3500 euro for a 96 210 , it would only be worth a few hundred euro in Ireland

Thank you for the comments. My son reckons he can get it for £2800, which compared to Ireland is dear. He is considering a couple of other cars but this one is in the frame at the moment.

Thank you for the comments. My son reckons he can get it for £2800, which compared to Ireland is dear. He is considering a couple of other cars but this one is in the frame at the moment.

Have you seen the car tax rates in republic of Ireland - gigantic, no wonder there is small demand for large engines.

I dont think I have seen a lower Specc'd W210 to be honest!

I dont think I have seen a lower Specc'd W210 to be honest!

They are often like that in Europe. One of our neighbours in Italy has a poverty spec 124. Manual box, keep fit windows, steel wheels but full climate control. For a classic this one does not look too bad.
If Spain is anything like Italy then a 210 will be fine rust wise. Not much salt on the roads so as long as its not lived by the sea chances are it will be ok.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom