36 pin obd

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

bikesforme

Car
vito 108d
Anybody know if there is a scaner that can pin point faults on the 36 pin obd.
My soft top dont work and have codes po500 and po720, looking at my cheapest tool that will pin point the fault not just give me a code.
Would lke a scanner if there is one rather then laptop and kit. If there is nothing am i looking at carsoft 7.4. Thanks

P0500 Vehicle Speed Sensor Malfunction
P0720 Output Speed Sensor Circuit Malfunction

perhaps these signals are telling the ecu that the car is moving preventing

the roof from being operated .

What will tell me which sensor needs replacing, any scanners out there that are not silly money. Or will carsoft 7.4 do it, anyone got or used this software, any good for what i need it for. Thanks

Cheap handhelp scanners will only give a fault code and brief description. Carsoft may give a bit more. Only STAR will probably help with pin pointing the fault but is expensive compared to the others.

What car is it?

What will tell me which sensor needs replacing, any scanners out there that are not silly money. Or will carsoft 7.4 do it, anyone got or used this software, any good for what i need it for. Thanks

You would really be better off as advised to get a proper diagnostic with a Star system. Not only will it read fault codes it can read live data and also operate components.

A good independent with Star will save you money, time and hassle.

Its a old 2000 clk 230 kompressor , just wondered if there was a diy software that would pin point the faults or scanner. I have a code reader and have the codes but there are 4 wheels sensors and it dont tell u which one is playing up.
I would rather spend the money on software or scanner which will help me rather then spend on someone scanning it. Then i dont have to keep taking it to garage every time have faults.

Its a old 2000 clk 230 kompressor , just wondered if there was a diy software that would pin point the faults or scanner. I have a code reader and have the codes but there are 4 wheels sensors and it dont tell u which one is playing up.
I would rather spend the money on software or scanner which will help me rather then spend on someone scanning it. Then i dont have to keep taking it to garage every time have faults.

I agree with what you are saying, i did the same thing and bought an 'aftermarket' STAR. It has paid for itself many times over and owes me nothing. I would say anyone who works on their own cars should have one. You must be prepared to spend around £300 though

iCarsoft 7.4 should do the job.

However you need a laptop with a serial port in order to use it and you also need the multiplexer kit.

iCarsoft 7.4 should do the job.

However you need a laptop with a serial port in order to use it and you also need the multiplexer kit.
If carsoft 7.4 will do the job then that interesting has they can be brought cheap now. Have u used it before. Thanks

Can't you use a multimeter to measure the resistance of all four sensors to pinpoint the duffer?

Seen that on u-tube,but my electric roof not working too so going to need software to find faults.

If carsoft 7.4 will do the job then that interesting has they can be brought cheap now. Have u used it before. Thanks

Yep, I still have a copy however the laptop conked out.

I used it for my previous W202 models as well as W210.

It scans all areas, gives live data plus it can also reset the engine and gearbox adaptation, service interval, which is very useful.

Seen that on u-tube,but my electric roof not working too so going to need software to find faults.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom