3m arris rail in a e220 estate

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

rfullarton

Car
e220
if i put down all the passenger seats will i be able to carry 3m arris rails in my 2012 e220 estate

thans

From the back of the front seats to the boot lid is approximately 2m.

I had several 2.4M decking boards in on Saturday and they reached nearly to the end of the centre armrest. So a 3M length might go in diagonally just.

I think 3M may just squeeze up to the front of the windscreen at a push.

Have you got a sunroof though? :D

Why not just get a pair of roof bars ( which you will use again ) and put it on top , rather than risk damage to your interior ?

Should do, when I had my E300 estate, from the passenger footwell to the rear door was over 3m, as I once carried a 3m length of pipe.

Should be possible. I'm pretty certain I had a bundle of copper tube inside my W124 estate. They were sitting on the dash and almost touching the front screen.

yes do have a sunroof but cant see that working , if internal will have to rest on top of dashboard .. it will be very tight

Had a mate who put lengths of copper tube through the boot and rested on the dash of his new Passat estate.

Sharp braking at a roundabout and he was a windscreen down.

YMMV

yes do have a sunroof but cant see that working , if internal will have to rest on top of dashboard .. it will be very tight

I was able to fit a 3.03 m kitchen work top in my 210 estate...should be easy to get arris rails in your 212.

Last edited:
Rear seats up, top covered with a blanket for protection - centre headrest removed - front passenger seat reclined onto rear seat base - feed rails down into passenger footwell.

Job done :thumb:.

In mine 3m will dip down into the passenget footwell so long as it is flexible enough. The other option is all the way through on to the top of the dask, but don't brake too hard.

Had a mate who put lengths of copper tube through the boot and rested on the dash of his new Passat estate.

Sharp braking at a roundabout and he was a windscreen down.

YMMV

Done that, not with copper pipe though, AND the screen already had a short crack, so it hardly counts.

Can you not just cut the arris rail into shorter sections?

I suspect I may already know the answer to this.

3m pipes fit into an XC90 very easily as did it last week. Can't imagine it is any longer or bigger than the 212 Estate.

Unless the w212 is actually smaller than the w210 it will not be tight. You could just get your tape measure out.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom