4 or 6cyl

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

SGCW124

Car
W124 estate
Daft question but,

is a 220 Te (circa 1993) a 4 cyl or a 6cyl engine? :confused:

thanks

Steve

Basically, anything under 2.8litre is a four, and over is a 6 (when talking W124s) Except the 5litre.

PJ

PS: I don't think this thread is in the right place...

imadoofus said:

Basically, anything under 2.8litre is a four, and over is a 6 (when talking W124s) Except the 5litre.

PJ

PS: I don't think this thread is in the right place...

So what is a 2.8? 5 cyl??

Bazzle :D

imadoofus said:

isn't the 260 a six pot engine as well?

I thought the only 4 cylinder engines were the 200, 220 and 230, the 200 and 230 were both single cam 8 valve engines whereas the 220 was a twin cam 16 valve lump

Andy

Sorry guys, another mistype (or spelling error) I meant 2.6litre :eek:

PJ

andy_k said:
I thought the only 4 cylinder engines were the 200, 220 and 230, the 200 and 230 were both single cam 8 valve engines whereas the 220 was a twin cam 16 valve lump
Andy

Later W124 200s are also twin cam 16-valve, ie M111, same as 220, but smaller bore. Same as in W202 C200.

Open the bonnet and smell the coffee!

I was going to smart here ;) and say "OPEN THE BONNET AND COUNT THE SPARK PLUG/DISTRIBUTER LEADS" but then I realised that MB are gradually working on covering the entire engine with plastic moldings :eek: :eek: Soon you will find the bonnet/hood will be sealed with the message " No user servicable parts inside, in the unlikely event of a malfunction apply to your nearest service agent" The bean counters at Daimler Chrysler would just love that :p :p

good point grober ..........

now where do we start counting? :)

Attachments

• count.jpg
    count.jpg
    46 KB · Views: 47
Doh!

As that great 21st century philosopher Homer Simpson would say "DOH!" :confused: :confused:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom