1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Dear Guest, Official Club stickers are now available, if you have not already ordered some go grab them now! To order click this Link ----> CLICK ME Go get them whilst stocks last! To dismiss this notice click the cross to the right of this message.

4 Post Lift for Hire in the South East

Discussion in 'Parts, Maintenance & Servicing' started by Major774, Mar 23, 2017.

1. Major774

Major774 Hardcore MB Enthusiast

Car:
    W211 E55 AMG
    Does anyone know of any garages based in the South East that hire out 4 post lifts?

I want to set up my suspension as the heights in each corner are all over the place.

2. Erfan

Erfan Hardcore MB Enthusiast

Car:
    W210 E300 TD
    Have used pitstart near park royal.

3. OP
    OP
    Major774

Car:
    W211 E55 AMG
    I had no response to my email, so I thought they may have stopped trading. Would it be best to call to arrange a booking?

4. Erfan

Erfan Hardcore MB Enthusiast

Car:
    W210 E300 TD
    It was a couple of years ago I used them so I dont know if they're still going. Better to call then its not a wasted trip. Take a good torch as lighting can be poor depending on which bay you are allocated.

5. Tigger

Tigger Hardcore MB Enthusiast

Pitstart are still going - I used them last weekend.

If they are busy dealing with customers in person then phones can be left ringing etc.

As Erfan said, definitely take a torch!

6. andy27168

andy27168 Hardcore MB Enthusiast

Car:
    1997 C230K, 1999 C43/55 AMG
    Hi,
    I had similar issue with the air suspension on my CLS55, I adjusted the ride heights myself on STAR when it was on the ramp having the alignment checked adjusted, absolutely guaranteed the car is on a flat level surface as the alignment ramp has higher tolerance when installed.

7. OP
    OP
    Major774

Car:
    W211 E55 AMG
    Thanks Tigger for confirming, I will try phoning them until they pick up.

Andy - I hope Pitstart's 4 post ramps are level as I doubt a normal garage would let me go ape for 1/2 hours setting up my ride height hehe.