450 SEL 6.9 restoration

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
I've only just seen this thread, congratulations to the OP on doing such a wonderful job on a wonderful car. I tried to buy one of these in the very late 80's from a guy in Colchester, it needed some work to make it really tidy as it had been used as a wedding car. I offered the guy twice what Lancasters in Ipswich had offered him in p/ex but the Mercedes dealers in Romford offered him more than I was prepared to pay with the work that needed doing. I bought a Jaguar XJ12 Sovereign instead.
That's a lovely car and superb restoration so well done that man, your wallet will enjoy the rest now it's done> :)

Well I like these sort of threads lots of us do,we have some great ones posted,I suppose this should be a lesson to us not to legitimise a thread like this because by doing so we devalue all the threads that have played straight with us,first alarm bell,no pictures of the before I started the restoration,after a few requests we get a picture of the front seats looking a little sad,we did get a picture of the engine along with the fully restored lump,this member has 15 posts since 2009,ok but that includes this thread,I would have thought a thread like this alone would bump that up to 60,and now the car is painted the seats are recovered the chrome is pristine and the wheels and tyres are as they should be,It was frankly a waste of our guys time getting excited at the prospect of hearing the highs and lows of the restoration,I am just pleased that I did not enter into this thread with the exception of this post,I suppose it was all done to sell the car with as little knowledge in the wider domain as too how bad the car was in the first place.

Great work !

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom