5.5 Transplant into C43

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

amg3.6

Car
C55 Amg White W202
I have a question regarding the starter motor as my engine is from an E55 the starter motor is on the other side. My question is whats the actual reason in moving it? Does anything come in the way or is it because of the wiring which is short?

I was thinking if its because of the wiring not being long enoungh wouldn't it be easier just to extend the wires rather than make hole on the other side?

You move it from the passenger side to the drivers side to avoid "cutting a hole", all you need do is to extend the wiring, fitting it on the drivers side does make it harder to remove/replace the exhaust manifold.
I feel sure Olly or Justin will be on later to confirm, the exact method they used.

Justin i did ask you mate but i was still confused you said it fits on the other side. I wanted to know if i could leave it where it is and just take the wiring to the starter motor as it would be short.

Justin i did ask you mate but i was still confused you said it fits on the other side. I wanted to know if i could leave it where it is and just take the wiring to the starter motor as it would be short.

Maybe you could cut a hole in the casing for it, but it would take time and need to be spot on.

Thats what i want to avoid. I think i am leaving it where it is on 55 engine am just going to extend the wires to the other side i just want to be sure if i leave it where it is its not going to cause any problems.

Leave it on the drivers side and extend the wiring. It's close to the steering box but doesn't touch. I've done enough of them now. It's very simple.
Jack

Cheers jack I'm going to use the e55 wiring so i wont need to extended the wires.

Cheers jack I'm going to use the e55 wiring so i wont need to extended the wires.

You will need to modify the main power cable from the N/S floor pan to the starter motor though.

Justin your right mate i forgot about that one.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom