560 SEL with a radio in the rear !

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
The thread title should read 560SEL with really cheap radio in the rear.....It looks like its got a Blaupunkt Boston in the front, gawd knows what the badly installed unit is in the back!

Fail :) its original equipment. Superb stuff.

Never knew it was possible to listen to two radios at the same time in an S-Class. Does it have some kind of magic noise filter to stop interference between the front and rear seats when both are turned on?

I've seen a fair few cars with radios in the rear. I remember my Mum having a huge Datsun 280 that had one. Lots of limos do, obviously.
I don't think the drivers allowed the radio on if the passengers in the rear have theirs on :)

Fail :) its original equipment. Superb stuff.

Fail indeed! looks like someone knocked it up in nightschool!

I could probably have done better in a lunch break.......in fact id sack myself if I managed to make something that dodgy

And whatever the radio is in the back (its definitely not a Blaupunkt) is super cheap!

My 735ise had a Becker mexico built into the rear armrest.......much more of a classy solution

Last edited:
Are we sure that radio and console is original MB?

Looks a bit aftermarket to me, maybe fitted 'back in the day' by some stereo shop at the same time as that car phone?

Doesn't look like a German Blaupunkt/Becker or whatever either, probably an old Pioneer tape deck or something :eek:

Are we sure that radio and console is original MB?

Looks a bit aftermarket to me, maybe fitted 'back in the day' by some stereo shop at the same time as that car phone?

Doesn't look like a German Blaupunkt/Becker or whatever either, probably an old Pioneer tape deck or something :eek:

Thats exactly what im saying (although ive been pooh poohed)

I reckon at most the radio in the rear is a Phillips, certainly not what youd expect to find in a top flight executive cruiser (Must admit that the Blaupunkt in the front is pretty much from the lower end of their range!)

Velour on s class very rare -perhaps at best 10% -even rarer with blue or green and red - must be only a handful for UK
Option list -Never seen a s class with colour coded wheel trims

That's nothing.

The BMW E23 745i of the era had radio controls and electric front passenger seat controls hidden in the rear centre armrest. You could move the front passenger seat forward allowing huge legroom in the back.

Afaik E23 had only radio controls. It was E32 740/750iL that had option of rear armrest with seat controls

Last edited:
Velour on s class very rare -perhaps at best 10% -even rarer with blue or green and red - must be only a handful for UK

Afaik E23 had only radio controls. It was E32 740/750iL that had option of rear armrest with seat controls

My E23 had a complete Becker headunit in the armrest and the electric seat controls (forward and backward ) were in the seat squabs

Option list -Never seen a s class with colour coded wheel trims

I had an E23 745i Executive & it had front seat & radio controls in the rear armrest.

34h9m6v.jpg

Wicked in the armrest, love it.

I agree, the console in that 126 looks very aftermarket. I drive a Daimler DS limo sometimes that has a similar looking affair, that was fitted in more recent years.

Aftermarket or not,someone got themself a bargain

Aftermarket or not,someone got themself a bargain

You think? with no MOT and a line like this.....
"Mileage is now 186,000 and it is currently on SORN as it has got too big for my father and has been unused for the last few months (years?), with no MOT. It's being sold for restoration as it's far too good to break, but it does need work to make driveable"
and
"It has front and rear pneumatic suspension which is playing up. It will go up eventually but it does take some time. Once up it takes around two days to sink down again. I think converting it to springs might be a sensible option. This is the main problem which needs sorting"

Could be a potential money pit!

As much as I love my W126s this one isnt really that special and aside from the interior (although id prefer leather) and the funky rear radio its nowt special!

Last edited:
Front nearside wing is a totally different colour

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom