6 litre Jeep

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
Poor build quality and they tend to shuffle over bumps.

My friend has the diesel version (2010/11, the one with every toy fitted) so can't comment on the engine but what I noticed is that for a very big vehicle, there is very little room inside………headroom, legroom or boot space. Ride quality is pretty good (no pitching and not much roll) and the g'box was seamless.

Otherwise, he had one minor electrical fault with a sensor about six months ago which was fixed under warranty toot sweet. Obviously the plastics aren't as good as European (or far eastern) but they're okay.

I nearly brought a srt8 a couple of years ago. I viewed a few and as said above they're not actually as big as you'd think. They've run the hemi lump same as the dodge viper and after seeing one do a far lower 1/4 mile time than I could get out of my m5 it was a wolf in sheeps clothing I had to have. I would have brought one if they had more room inside. I still like the look of them now but no good for a family car.

+2. There's ugly, then there's the Cayenne, then there's this thing. Let's hope they built one then shattered the moulds!!

BlackC55 said:
Poor build quality and they tend to shuffle over bumps.

Agree on all counts but cracking engine though

If you hanker after that "drug dealer getting it down with the homies " look ----go for it. Be sure to check the glove compartment and under the rear seat squab for illict substances or the odd uzi before the weekly shop to Tesco to avoid any misunderstanding with any armed response unit you might happen across.:rolleyes:

I rented something similar to this, but smaller engined, last winter in the US.

The 4 wheel drive system was poor. It was OK in straight line but when cornering or, particularly, parking, it felt like it was trying to crab sideways.

I have an old 4 x 4 Hilux pickup which has no centre diff and does the same thing when driven in 4 wheel drive on dry roads. I would have expected better from a modern 4 x 4.

So, the general consensus is drug dealer chic, top engine but dodgy build and wayward handling.

OK.

I had the 3.0 v6 derv (320 cdi engine) and at the same time my old man had a 2011 ml350 cdi and he preferred driving my jeep. It was faster and held the road much better. The quality of the materials are not great but they're well put together.

Good cars with minimal draw backs. My only issue with the SRT is you can't fit a towbar

Last edited:
Range Rover Supercharger territory.

If you want it then get it bought. Not necessarily that one, as nice as it is, especially with those exhausts.

I've just bought an early version (2001 WJ 4.0) and they're a brilliant toy. :) Big engines are essential in machines like this

Had an older 4.7 V8 Jeep Grand Cherokee.
Seats were comfy, economy was better than expected, it towed beautifully and the way the torque converter kicked in it could break your neck off the line. I genuinely have never driven anything faster from 0-10mph. Haha!

I know the rear suspension shuffle that olly mentioned. Mine was much improved by new bushes but never totally got rid of it.
In fairness, once the bushes were done I don't think it was any worse than most of the 4x4 competition.

Interior looked and felt cheap and dated.
It never failed to start or needed anything. I had the bushes changed and a set of brand new tyres put on but I could have driven it as it was for many many years if I had wanted.

1 big fan here after owning and running one. Much better than a W163 in most ways for me.

V12 said:
Had an older 4.7 V8 Jeep Grand Cherokee. Seats were comfy, economy was better than expected, it towed beautifully and the way the torque converter kicked in it could break your neck off the line. I genuinely have never driven anything faster from 0-10mph. Haha! I know the rear suspension shuffle that olly mentioned. Mine was much improved by new bushes but never totally got rid of it. In fairness, once the bushes were done I don't think it was any worse than most of the 4x4 competition. Interior looked and felt cheap and dated. It never failed to start or needed anything. I had the bushes changed and a set of brand new tyres put on but I could have driven it as it was for many many years if I had wanted. 1 big fan here after owning and running one. Much better than a W163 in most ways for me.

Agreed even my 3.0 diesel from 0-20mph was very impressive.

Such an underrated truck in my opinion.

Yes Satch.

I keep looking at Amazons.

Superb vehicles.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom