7 Days Free Insurance...

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
The hugely varying quotes from different providers is usually explained by the fact that they use different underwriters and each underwriter has it sown method of calculating risk.

Yet they all calculate risk within the same population - you have to ask how good are all those software programmers and statistical analysts working in the industry?

If five different universities in the UK came with five sets of totally different statistical calculations on the same scientific issue, there would be quite a upheaval in Academia world....

I always use the free 7 days insurance when changing my car because then I am still insured for my present car and my 7 day insurance is used to tax my new car for when I am ready to collect it.

You can call your insurer in advance and ask them to switch-over the cover from your old car to the new car on a given date and time, i.e. when you are booked to collect the new car. However this only works when trading-in, obviously not if you have both new and old car in your possession for a number of days.

Is this offer still running?

Im under 21 so would it work?

HPI now use Swinton and they refused to cover either of our Merc's under the 7 day scheme yet were happy to offer a full one year policy via other insurers under their brokerage portfolio.

Like you I took the 7-days MB/Aviva insurance whilst I got a cheaper quote, but their quote was so competitive that I'm still with them! All our other cars are with Chubb, and whilst they were almost as cheap they wanted a Tracker fitted and I really hate those with a passion...

Bear in mind the MB insurance is only underwritten by Aviva, it isn't Aviva insurance and you'll not deal with them.

I was with Aviva on my previous car and was just going to use the MB seven day to cover the time between picking up the new one and passing on the old one but the quote I was given was so good that even with the hit on cancelling the Aviva one mid term, which was already very cheap for real insurance, I couldn't refuse especially given the cover you get from MB is much better than Aviva's own products even after you load on the expensive extras.

Might just have been my experience but don't just do the MB one online, I rung up after and was quoted £150 less then online, when I queried why the girlie just said "because you rang up"!

I too used MB Insurance (Aviva) 7 days and then moved to a full policy as their premium was amazing. Also allowed me to use my wife's full no claims on my policy (max 5 years) and protect it which got premium right down versus other quotes that I had received.

Excess is a little high but understandable on a new C63 and the fact that they didn't insist on a tracker as my previous insurer did was a big help.

Great experience using them with the same customer service rep dealing with me and doing a fantastic job.

Will continue to use them if the premium is good at renewal next year.

Aviva's compulsory excess is worse than MB's.

Shame they wont do it for classics!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom