7 seater options

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

TJR

Car
C63 AMG Estate
On the hunt for a 7 seat car, anyone have any recommendations?

Discovery
Volvo XC 90
X5
Picasso :crazy:

TJR said:
On the hunt for a 7 seat car, anyone have any recommendations? Discovery Volvo XC 90 X5 Picasso :crazy:

Budget?
Target age?
How many miles do you cover?
How often do you need the rear seats (age of kids in rearmost seats)?

I'd potentially add the last of the W163 series MLs to the list
How about the Ford Galaxy / VW Sharan / Seat Alhambra
Land Rover Discovery

Other thoughts at other ends of the spectrum and bringing this back to Mercedes, how about the E Class estate with the rear seat option or even the Mercedes GL ;)

Budget?
Target age?
How many miles do you cover?
How often do you need the rear seats (age of kids in rearmost seats)?

I'd potentially add the last of the W163 series MLs to the list
How about the Ford Galaxy / VW Sharan / Seat Alhambra
Land Rover Discovery

Other thoughts at other ends of the spectrum and bringing this back to Mercedes, how about the E Class estate with the rear seat option or even the Mercedes GL ;)

Circa £35k budget, the wife will be the main driver and does about 10k miles a year. Soon to be 4 kids, but currently aged 6 / 4 and 2. First weekend of car viewing hence asking the question

The new r class is lovely. As of course is the ginormous gl.

Circa £35k budget, the wife will be the main driver and does about 10k miles a year. Soon to be 4 kids, but currently aged 6 / 4 and 2. First weekend of car viewing hence asking the question

The wife drives the 7 seater Discovery. Great now that we've lowered it, mapped it and fitted some decent rims on it. Lot's of electrical problems but if you fork out for a decent warranty, decent car :thumb:

attachment.php

Last edited:
Most end up with the Ford S-Max.

I'd chose a Disco or GL with the discontinued R Class as an honourable runner up.

The wife drives the 7 seater Discovery. Great now that we've lowered it, mapped it and fitted some decent rims on it. Lot's of electrical problems but if you fork out for a decent warranty, decent car :thumb:

attachment.php

Ha ha I love this, wonder how my wife would react if we bought her a new car and then I took it off to be modded :rock:

Had a vogue previously and it was an absolute money pit, I would like a Discovery, but hope it would be more reliable.

Anyway as with most things in my house the wife will have the last say :D

Espace.... As a 7 seater you can't touch them. You'd get a late end of run for below your budget, and with the 2.0dci engine they ironed out the engine eating bugs and also changed the expensive cambelt to a chain....

I regret selling ours and often find myself looking at them...

Espace.... As a 7 seater you can't touch them. You'd get a late end of run for below your budget, and with the 2.0dci engine they ironed out the engine eating bugs and also changed the expensive cambelt to a chain....

I regret selling ours and often find myself looking at them...

Beware French electrics.... (had a Scenic).

TJR said:

Okay so my recommended list In no particular order would be:

Mercedes GL
Mercedes R Class
X5 with 7 seat option
Discovery
Audi Q7
Ford S-Max (great value)

The GL is a fantastic car, if you can live with the size of it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom