722.6 resetting adaptions?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

GSI-jim

Car
w211 E320 cdi
W211 E320cdi 5 speed, got a snap on scanner to reset gearbox adaptions, how are you meant to drive the car after resetting them?

Oh, i thought i read somewhere you need to drive it for so long, do so many gear changes 1st - 2nd 3rd - 4th etc turn ignition off for 10 mins or something. Is this not true then?

The best way to re-adapt is to drive it carefully to 5th gear. Then flat out to 5th gear. Its not very easy to do the flat out bit as you will be doing 100mph+

The best way to re-adapt is to drive it carefully to 5th gear. Then flat out to 5th gear. Its not very easy to do the flat out bit as you will be doing 100mph+

I find it quite easy ;)

Oh, i thought i read somewhere you need to drive it for so long, do so many gear changes 1st - 2nd 3rd - 4th etc turn ignition off for 10 mins or something. Is this not true then?

That's required if you do the adaptation via star diagnosis... I've never understood why bother because self-adaptation is on anyway. And if there is something wrong in box, adaptation may help for short time but then it drift back to the old behavior.

Help needed engine / clutch problem

Sorry if this is the wrong location for the message but been a while since I have been on the site

I have a 1998 w202 Esp manua.l problem is pulled away from the junction yesterday tried to select 2nd gear and was unable to. pulled over to the side of the road and could only select 3rd / 4th / 5th gear not able to select 1st / 2nd /or reverse. this is the same when the engine is off.can any one tel me what is the problem. would this be grearbox / linkage or clutch thanks for your help and sorry once again. :confused::crazy:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom