77mm pulley mod for my 55. Can't wait!

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

jimiE55

Car
E55k
So Acid and the guys at Msl have my E55 to do the 77mm Pulley, kleemann headers & cooling. We are awaiting arrival of the pulley, and I'm finding it difficult to concentrate on daily tasks with the excitement! :wallbash:

IMG_11175882753204.jpeg

Keep us posted with results...What cooling upgrade did you go for?

I'm the forum member Acid posted about. Johnsons ic pump & split cooling. Then obviously the 77mm pulley and kleemann headers.

Look forward to seeing the results...I am sure Acid will post it on FB/IG etc anyway

Nice - keep us posted:thumb:

Yes Defo. Acid i am sure will put all the results up when finished. Think my car may have had a remap (no pulley) before. It made close to 500hp on initial dyno run, from what he said on the phone.

Simon i got to agree with some old thread comments, haven't seen your car in the flesh, but it looks absolutely mint. Those wheels are really very nice!

Well I've done 3mm off the rears in about 5weeks
And I'm sure mines standard , I'm really holding
out to tune it , hope all goes well with yours ;)

And I'm sure mines standard , I'm really holding
out to tune it , hope all goes well with yours ;)

I completely understand, there's a strong argument to say, all these cars are mad enough already. I always bought mine with the intention to the increase power. I'm addicted to the rush you get from being sucked into your seat. The stronger the pull the better. :D

Totally agree with you there ,can't beat that
Feeling of thrust , I just find you run out of
Road very quickly , will be interesting to hear
Your thoughts on what a difference there is after
tuning , I might give in ;)

Yes agreed, you do run out of road pretty swiftly! I have a nice long up hill winding road on the way to the brecon beacons mountain range, which solves the running out of road part. However obviously i always stay inside all uk speed limits.

And I'm sure mines standard

Blimey:eek: What are your tyres made of? Cheese?
Honestly, you must be caning the car to wear 3mm off in 5 weeks.Which brand of tyre do you have?

I drive fairly spiritedly and still have my original Falken rears with around 4mm after nearly 2 years driving. I do back off if I feel them spinning up though.

I have mich ps3s , it's actually 8 weeks
Not 5 sorry had it longer than I thought
I guess I've just been enjoying it and coming
From Quattro I need to hold back a little ..
But I got a good deal on a pair of eagle F1s
At £103 for a pair with del miles on so I'm not overly concerned ;)

I have mich ps3s , it's actually 8 weeks
Not 5 sorry had it longer than I thought
I guess I've just been enjoying it and coming
From Quattro I need to hold back a little ..
But I got a good deal on a pair of eagle F1s
At £103 for a pair with del miles on so I'm not overly concerned ;)

£103 for a pair that's very nice! Yes bet its quite a shock after your quattro. What's del miles?

Delivery miles , I guess these had about 100miles
Off them .

Very interesting i am ooing and aaing about the 77mm pulley i currenty have teh 83mm eurocharged on supplied and fitted by MSL.

I have the intercooler and pump done at the same time. just wondering how much more power the 77 will give over the 83mm??

How much is the split cooling system?

I have the intercooler and pump done at the same time. just wondering how much more power the 77 will give over the 83mm??

From what i can make out from Jules's thread, as he's had both the 84mm pulley and now the 77mm pulley fitted, he seems to be gaining about 25-30bhp depending on what other mods you have.

From what i can make out from Jules's thread, as he's had both the 84mm pulley and now the 77mm pulley fitted, he seems to be gaining about 25-30bhp depending on what other mods you have.

Spot on, but interesting the torque difference especially low down is inxs of 60lb/ft more.

I still have no cooling mods yet it's running great, tyre shreddingly quick and a noticeable step up from even my old Black CLS55 which always made strong numbers.

Consider that even without cooling mods this 77mm set up once running hot still makes the equivalent of what the 83mm pulley does when ice cold. To be fair when I had the 83mm set up I was probably losing 10-20bhp when hot.

I will be adding cooling though soon.

Jules

What does that equate to in final BHP figures. If i am getting 550bhp from the 83/84mm pulley map and cooling options (tested by MSL) would i be looking at 580 ish with the 77mm pulley?

Yes thereabouts

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom