804 build vs 805 build

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

e55nick

Car
E55K 04 Silver
Hi all, interested in your opinions here. I am looking at buying another E55 W211.

I've seen a few that are of interest to me, (04's and 54's), but they all seem to be 804 builds? with the 160mph speedometer. I'd obviously like the latest one I can get for my money but am I being overpicky in wanting an 805 with the 200mph speedo. What are the main differences between the two builds? I have read that there are less electrical problems with the 805, but if that's it then I shouldn't really be worrying about a part of a speedo that I will probably never use....
any other big differences I should look for??

Not many massive differences. Mesh instead of grill above centre vents, wiring loom installed by human rather than robot, 200mph speedo as you say.

Less electrical gremlins but I think there are many 804 build cars on here and I'm not sure I've read any of those guys having any so could be on very early cars maybe?

I don't know of any other differences.

Thanks John, I suspected as much, too fussy i guess. There's a nice one in Essex at £9k+ and another in Angmering in East Sussex, similar price. They are equidistant from me here. Waiting to see if the Angmering one is 805 as I can't tell from the photos. Both just under 100,000 miles so just need to find out what's been done in the service history regarding suspension, and the supercharger in Essex, the Angermering one has had a conversion already. Many thanks once again.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom