900th F1 race in Bahrain about to start

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

The Boss

MB Enthusiast
Car
private!
F1 night race - 3rd of 2014 about to begin

Sky Sports!

go go go

Refuse to pay for TV (apart from TV Licence!!) so listening to the annoying James Allen and the excellent Alan McNish on R5 Sports Extra.

Pleeeeeease make them sound like F1 cars again, and not a 1989 Japanese Max Power hatch that's had a too-big turbo strapped to it and a 155mm exhaust bolted on the bottom.

They just sound wrong - notice you could actually hear the safety car sirens?

K

very exciting race indeed!

What a fantastic race!! The cars might sound like fighting wasps, but they sure are exciting! :D Well done Mercedes!!!!

Yep good race

The sound is not much to my liking either but it's been a better season so far with races I WANT to watch rather that watching and getting bored.

i can sacrifice the sound for some wheel to wheel racing!

never realized how many of the cars are powered by Mercedes engines.. impressive!

Yeah! Mercedes are definitely on a roll! Great to see!

I loved it when the safety car came out - an SLS looking like it's close to the limit with the F1 cars wiggling around, bored, behind it.

My first F1 viewing for a few years, so I'm struggling with some of the names. I'm still thinking Keke Rosberg and Ricardo Patrese...

Great race, though - I may even watch some more of the season despite the engine note.

Racing is certainly far more interesting to watch now, excellent duelling by Lewis and Nico, with other interesting battles elsewhere. Great to see Force India getting a podium. I suspect Jenson will be getting a bit frustrated as will Romain Grosjean after some of his performances last year.

never realized how many of the cars are powered by Mercedes engines.. impressive!

Mercedes AMG High Performance Powertrains

- based in the UK - Northamptonshire.

- used to be Ilmor a long time ago and then MB used Ilmor to make the MB F1 engine and eventually took them over.

MB started supplying more than one team a few years ago. After initially only supplying McLaren then supplied engines to Force India and Brawn.

This year they've also supplied Williams with engines (and Brawn became the Mercedes team).

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom