950 HP Mercedes E63 AMG S Takes On Stock Huracan & 800 HP BMW M6

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
E63S - why is anyone even surprised? :D

It could have been much better if the AMG driver's reaction time was better...he was very slow to react compared to the other guy.

I think it's even more impressive that he's got the reaction times of a sloth, but still comfortably won both. :D

I'd image part of the reaction time issue is not wanting to completely implode the running gear/ transmission.

With that much power and torque I can image it can only be deployed so many times before there's a major mechanical failure.

It's getting the powerful AMGs off the line that's always the issue. Without slicks or semi slicks traction is always a massive issue.

It's getting the powerful AMGs off the line that's always the issue. Without slicks or semi slicks traction is always a massive issue.
Very true, but the 4WD E63S' get off the line quick enough with much less drama than the 2WD cars.

In the clip shown, the E63 driver was asleep off the line in both races. If he'd had the same reaction time as the Hurracan driver in the first race he would have been not just travelling best part of 20kph faster at the 1/4 mile point, but 150 thousandths of a second in front too.

In Europe yes it's an option in the UK no.

It's an option on the E63 and standard on the E63s in LHD markets.

The car in the OP's video is a LHD E63s 4Matic.

I have a feeling 900hp would lunch the drivetrain if it wasn't fed in with some degree of care.

I am not sure the E63's drivers brain was connected to his right foot correctly as it took him 1 sec on the first run and 1.3 sec on the second run to start.

Maybe he was just giving the others a head start

Is there a trail of blue smoke following the AMG in both vids ?

Looks to be coming from under the car , not the tyres

That'll be the stealth rocket booster...

Ah ah the E63tt owner still had time for a cuppa before the M6 finished!!

A friend showed up at my house this evening in a Huracan and offered me a ride.... sadly I was not able to accept the offer :(

Is there a trail of blue smoke following the AMG in both vids ?

Looks to be coming from under the car , not the tyres

Yep, noticed that too.....:eek:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom