98 W210 E300TD Wiperand indicator fail

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

rspete

Car
S210 EClass E300TD Avantgarde
Urget Help please!

The latest woes to affect the car, a '98 S210 E300TD, is the indicators and front wipers have stopped working.

• Indicators not working
  • Front wipers not working at all No intermittent or at any other position.
  • Washers not working.
However the main beam and flash operation is.
So are the hazards.

Checked fuses and they are intact (41 - 15a and 43 - 40 amp)

Where should I start looking? Is this likely to be a switch issue or a relay issue or something else?

I am only home at weekends so my opportunity to fault find and fix is limited so any help is gratefully appreciated :)

Well after much pulling apart and checking of connectors etc. finally found the N10/1 under the fuse/relay box. Removed this, pulled it apart and checked under high magnification lens for dry joints. Couldn't see any and reassembled..
All working again!
I had checked with each relay/connector disconnection up to when I removed the N10/1 and nothing else worked so whatever I did seemed to make the difference.
Everything connectors etc. appeared very clean so maybe just disturbing them did the trick. At least I didn't pull the steering wheel to get the switch out.

Now all I need to do is get the cold start to work properly. Idles rough as hell, air still appearing in lines despite all new plastic lines....
Also when cold acceleration is sluggish, just slow. Changes gear just no go, seems to improve once thoroughly warmed up. Transmission issues?
My relationship with this car is going to be one of love hate...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom