9G-Tronic Any views?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Jay2512

Car
X253 - GLC 250d AMG Line Premium Plus
Wondered if anyone was able to share their experiences with the new 9G autobox?

Ive ordered a New E350 CDI estate back in November, with delivery currently set to 1st March, however i was only able to test drive a 7G E350 estate before putting pen to paper. Ive ordered this to replace my C220 with the 7G box.

So any comments?, how smooth? Engine rpm at motorway speed etc and fuel economy?

i dont think a 9G box is out on any models on the UK roads yet (i may be wrong).... seems like to many gears to me! i think on the E350 bluetec it only improves mpg not performance... nice car though i really like the E class facelift

i dont think a 9G box is out on any models on the UK roads yet (i may be wrong).... seems like to many gears to me! i think on the E350 bluetec it only improves mpg not performance... nice car though i really like the E class facelift

This may represent the long lead time to get my car delivered!! I'm hoping for a box similar if better than the 7G, fuel economy would be nice but cant drive round in a 3l V6 diesel and moan about economy :)

Last edited:
It seems to be mainly a longer final gear. As the 7G+ is only doing about 1750rpm at 70mph it will probably be ~1500rpm at 70mph and hence only affect motorway fuel economy. It is reported to have no difference on 0-60 times too.

I absolutely love mine. Done 1400 miles in it so far and generally getting 45 mpg. this should get better as its run in. It doesn't hunt and is so smooth. Mine arrived in the last week of November and is currently at the detailers having a new car prep then a Ceramic coating applied.
At 70mph it's doing 1300rpm
In Eco (once warm) it sets off in 2nd and i do like the stop/start.

Steve

I absolutely love mine. Done 1400 miles in it so far and generally getting 45 mpg. this should get better as its run in. It doesn't hunt and is so smooth. Mine arrived in the last week of November and is currently at the detailers having a new car prep then a Ceramic coating applied.
At 70mph it's doing 1300rpm
In Eco (once warm) it sets off in 2nd and i do like the stop/start.

Steve

Ah good to hear! I ordered a few options like the Premium Plus pack and 360 camera, its just taking so long :(

I like the low rpm on the motorway, that's all my car does, twice a week from the midlands to Slough so this should run rather well.

Ah good to hear! I ordered a few options like the Premium Plus pack and 360 camera, its just taking so long :(

I like the low rpm on the motorway, that's all my car does, twice a week from the midlands to Slough so this should run rather well.

You should do we'll then. We went to see the Mother in law before xmas which is a 400 mile round trip down the M1 and averaged 47mpg. I ordered mine back in August and got it 2 weeks early. It'd Black with Porcelain leather, Privacy glass and walnut wood. My old car was an 09 E280cdi estate. So much better. I got just under 9k discount when i ordered it.

Excellent news.

I would have stuck with the New C Class but with no V6 diesel - E Class was the right choice.

I too got a nice big discount but then added £4k of options back on! :devil:

Cant wait to try out the keyless go and hands free access.

Yes I would have liked the C class if it had the V6. I wanted the Harmon stereo but they took it off the options list. A friend has the keyless go and doesn't like it. He said the amount of times he left the car unlocked over night due to having the key in his jacket pocket which he left in his car lol.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom