A big thank you to Red C220

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

brucemillar

MB Enthusiast
Car
C55 AMG Wagon - W124 300te 4matic Wagon - BMW 4.8is X5 E53 - SWB Pajero 3.5 V6 24v
Folks I would like to say a big thank you to Red C220 (Alan) and his beautiful good lady.

Some of you will have read on another post ('what gifts you get with a new car') Alan received a lovely Mercedes Picnic Hamper - from his dealership. I cheekily suggested that Alan may wish to 're-donate' the hamper to me for my old restored124 Wagon and a donation to Cancer Research. Without fuss or show, Alan did exactly this and I am now the owner of a lovey Mercedes Hamper that will grace the back of my Wagon.

Sometimes in life we are fortunate enough to meet people that we take an instant like to. Alan and his Lady were this for me today, when I arrived to collect from their home. We had never met, but exchanged many posts and messages via the forum, in some way we have found a bond in our health through this forum. Anyway. Enough already. What a lovely couple and what a generous gesture.

Thank you.

Bruce

Last edited:
I do hope you let the hosts get a word in edge ways during your visit. :D

Looks the part Bruce. I'll bet Alan (& his Lady) is happy to see it put to uses. Is the hamper deep enough for a couple of Pot Noodles?

Love hearing this kind of stuff. I have also made great friends from the forum - LTD, Flanalia, Druk etc . We genuinely have a great time when we meet.

Nice one and it looks super in the car.

Does Alan's wife have a name or is she always to be referred to as 'Lady'?

Now you come to mention it she quite likes the idea of "Lady" (of the manor) but to everyone that's known her for years it's Emma.

It was nice to meet you Bruce and I'm delighted the picnic hamper will actually get used.

We'll take up that offer of a BBQ in the summer on a nice sunny weekend and Milo will get to meet your Huskies.

The numerous people I've been fortunate to either meet or deal with from this forum have all been top people (the feeling might not be mutual!) and I've gained some what I class as great friends.

Snap Bruce. Spotted tucked into the boot of a diesel 107 at the weekend.

:D

Hang on a minute. Mine did not come with Caramel Wafers, Bananas and Chilled White Wine.

Nor fresh cherries and coronation chicken sandwiches. Hey-ho :D:D:D.

Life's what you make it pal; but a wife makes up a hamper.

I may have to raise a complaint about the shoddy service here. I mean, fancy giving me free gift with half the nosh missing..... What's it all coming to?

Did I mention you arrived in a BMW to collect it:D

I may have to raise a complaint about the shoddy service here. I mean, fancy giving me free gift with half the nosh missing..... What's it all coming to?

Leave the appropriate negative feedback Bruce & claim a refund from PayPal.

Nor fresh cherries and coronation chicken sandwiches. Hey-ho :D:D:D.

Life's what you make it pal; but a wife makes up a hamper.

Yours looks completely un-hampered :D

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom