A bit of hesitation?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

AngryDog

Car
E60 M5
Was out the in E55 earlier and gave it some part throttle then wot and it jerked a little before going. Is this normal cos of the auto box?

I get a Little snatch at around 1,800rpm When the S/c Kicks in but thats it, wen its on the boost its on one lol

The jerking was probably the autobox dropping into the relevant gear once you mashed the right pedal.

You can get the same event by pushing the gearshift to the left and holding it before giving it the beans. The box again finds the optimum gear for best acceleration.
One of the little quirks of the car.

Could be breaking traction lol, Was the Traction light flashing??

AMGeed;2497797 You can get the same event by pushing the gearshift to the left and holding it before giving it the beans. The box again finds the optimum gear for best acceleration. One of the little quirks of the car.[/QUOTE said:
I first discovered this in 1989/90 in a Mercedes Powerliner Tractor unit. This was the best in luxury trucking & the gearbox a rare semi-auto was superb up & down the A303 all summer long, used to coast to roundabouts with 30 tonne payload & push the gear lever & it would select the perfect ratio (from 32) Breeze on around Twin turbo 14+ litre pure smooth power lol

Thanks guys, I will keep an eye on it. I think I may have experienced a little belt slip yesterday as well.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom