A/C on or off ?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Lenny1973

Car
Clk
Hi,
New to Mercedes owned various BM's for the past 10 years however got myself a 2005 CLK 240 convertible in December and really pleased with it upto now.
Only thing I can't work out is if my air con is on or off :dk: the button on the dashboard says A/C Off with a red light, now is the a/c on when the light is illuminated or off when the light is illuminated?????

Thanks in advance for any advice
Lenny.

I think depending on the model, both options are correct. Easy way to tell. Start your car, put the temp down for AC and see if you get cold air, if you do, then you know its on :)

When the light is illuminated on the 'A/C Off' button the air conditioning is disabled, when the light is off the air conditioning is running.

I generally run the A/C all year, read stories on-line of things going wrong when you only use it sometimes.

Last edited:
When the light is illuminated on the 'A/C Off' button the air conditioning is disabled, when the light is off the air conditioning is running.

I generally run the A/C all year, read stories on-line of things going wrong when you only use it sometimes.

Just as above.

the button on the dashboard says A/C Off with a red light, now is the a/c on when the light is illuminated or off when the light is illuminated?????

The M-B rule is that the LED being on indicates that the function named on the switch is active.

With aircon it depends on the age - some cars have an "A/C" button, while others (like yours) have "A/C Off". So the meaning of the LED being on varies!

With true Teutonic logic :-

Display logic of the function LED in the AC button
For vehicles up to 31.5.05, the function LED is off when the refrigerant compressor is on.
For vehicles as of 1.6.05, the function LED is on when the refrigerant compressor is on.

But as mentioned, the labelling on the switch does reflect that.

Thanks everyone for your excellent answers :thumb:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom