A couple of Frankfurt spotteds - including EDZ649's German brother

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

mercboiuk

MB Enthusiast
Car
1995 E320 Coupe
As with my other post of this day, now only uploading photos has resulted in another belated thread I intended to share with you at the time.

Back in September I visited Frankfurt for a few days, spotting some lovely Mercedes cars. Being the Fatherland, it's a given that several Mercedes can be spotted around every corner.
At the beginning of December, I revisited Frankfurt, spotting

On the odd occasion, I didn't have my camera present - BOO AND HISS! :doh::eek: Consequently I didn't photograph a lovely G55 AMG in Spetember, while in December I missed a W221 S65 AMG parked outside our hotel - a little strange seeing one of these on legally-required winter tyres! :eek:

However what I did managed to photograph back in September was this little baby - a C216 CL63 AMG. Later, the same car was parked outside our hotel.
DSCN4831.jpg

DSCN4830.jpg

Carbon wing mirrors - gorgeous!
DSCN4832.jpg

Then INSIDE our hotel, they have this wonderful old Mercedes on permanent display.
DSCN4763.jpg

DSCN4766.jpg

DSCN4762.jpg

DSCN4772.jpg

DSCN4770.jpg

Being upstairs, they have given it's plinth a glass bottom, so you can see the underside of the car :thumb:
DSCN6421.jpg

And some info on the car.
DSCN4768.jpg

In December, while waiting outside the hotel I hear this tremendous exhaust noise, followed by some banging and popping. I look over and see this SLS AMG driving past!
Somehow odd seeing one of these with winter tyres! I in fact saw one more SLS AMG during my December visit, however I was unable to photograph that one - I only just managed to snap this one :eek:
DSCN6254.jpg

Finally, I spotted this round the corner from our hotel. Thought it appropriate to share, as it had the sam OZ alloys as those on EDZ's lovely SL600 :cool:
DSCN6422.jpg

Enjoy!

Darren

My grandfather bought a Stutgart 200 Cabrio with a dicky seat in the back. He bought it new back in 1930...still have all of the original paperwork and invoices for the car and original sales brochure.....his had different bodywork to the one in the photos.

Thanks for the pictures Darren, out of curiosity, of the MB's that you saw running Winter tyres did you think that they were using their normal wheels or different ones for the winter tyres?

Thanks for the pictures Darren, out of curiosity, of the MB's that you saw running Winter tyres did you think that they were using their normal wheels or different ones for the winter tyres?

Most Mercedes out there were running on a smaller, cheap set of alloys or steel wheels. The two SLS AMGs just had winter rubber on the standard alloys, as did the S65 AMG :)

My brother required some for his BMW. He had to buy a whole set of new smaller alloys with winter tyres from BMW themselves.

Darren

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom