A Good Dealership Story to Share.

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

travelininstyle

Car
C-Class Sports Coupe AMG 220 Cdi
Well my PCP was due to end and this been my first,I was full of anxieties about the options in front of me - so I began looking at different options - including buying ! - the car I was due to hand back came from MB Stockport Dealership and it was a very nice low millage CLK - but before rushing back,I thought I would give another dealership closer to me a second try,as they had previously lost their MB Franchise and I hoped a new change would bring a new standard of dealership.I rang the dealership and gave them all my details,requirements etc and set up a meeting a week later:When I arrived,the sales guy lost all my personal details and requirements and we had to sit through it again - he also then seemed to have lost track of the car I was meant to test drive - finally he managed to track the car down - lets just say I was far from impressed - the car was very grubby inside and outside the MB OEM tyres had been replaced by something far nastier - worse still,my partner noticed that there was paint flaking on one of the alloys,on closer inspection,it was actually a weld repair to the alloy - I pointed this out to the sales guy whom proceeded to tell me that the cost to correct this and the tyres would weigh against the 'package' that the sales manager had prepared - I could not believe this car would even meet MB approved used spec. - by the way the so called package was 'hysterical' - it was that bad - so we left the dealership even more depressed.
Determined to make progress,I decided to go back to Stockport MB the following day - :thumb: All I can say is that if the previous experience was ridiculous - then at Stockport it was sublime ! - the sales staff really did listen and had the foresight to remember all the things that had ticked my boxes the last time - clean-clean-clean and low millage and at a fixed monthly price I wanted to pay,not get steered into - in addition they managed to secure the car I wanted with the added bonus of a higher spec. (full command) and included some other much appreciated things,that made me feel valued as a returning customer - on the morning of the collect,everything went sweetly and the car was beautifully presented - all administrative stuff was dealt with so efficiently,it was fantastic and reassuring - I will definitely be going back a third time,as the standards of the dealership are what all Mercedes Benz customers should expect and when it goes right,we do not tell people often enough

Attachments

• photo 6.JPG
    photo 6.JPG
    134.8 KB · Views: 65
  • photo 5.JPG
    photo 5.JPG
    136.8 KB · Views: 61
  • photo 3.JPG
    photo 3.JPG
    51.3 KB · Views: 58
Last edited:
Thanks for sharing and congrats on the new car. What model?

Its a C- Class Coupe 220Cdi AMG Sport on a August 2013 Plate - and its lived up to all my expectations - fantastic

I'm intrigued that you're PCPing cars that aren't new - I know it's possible (obviously) but I thought PCP very much favoured new cars. Did you do any comparisons with new?

I'm intrigued that you're PCPing cars that aren't new - I know it's possible (obviously) but I thought PCP very much favoured new cars. Did you do any comparisons with new?

Hello Rory - some of the New Car PCP's required either a bigger deposit,or bigger monthly payments - Business PCP's which often headline monthly payment offers are fine,if you are a business ! - I did look at quite a few packages,but the spec on this car and monthly payments worked out okay for me - some PCP's do not require any deposit - but expect larger monthly payment,or you can drive an 'A' class for £299.00 a month - having driven a CLK before - this package suited me.
The way it worked out is that the car was 5 months old and with all the spec. - Comand,heated seats,privacy glass etc the car would have been say around 32k -33k and it came in respectably below that.

Last edited:
Hello Rory - some of the New Car PCP's required either a bigger deposit,or bigger monthly payments - Business PCP's which often headline monthly payment offers are fine,if you are a business !

Thanks.

Just one point - I think you're doing what a lot of people do and mixing PCP and lease together as if they're the same thing. There's no business PCP - the first P = Personal.

Well my PCP was due to end and this been my first,I was full of anxieties about the options in front of me - so I began looking at different options - including buying ! - the car I was due to hand back came from MB Stockport Dealership and it was a very nice low millage CLK - but before rushing back,I thought I would give another dealership closer to me a second try,as they had previously lost their MB Franchise and I hoped a new change would bring a new standard of dealership.I rang the dealership and gave them all my details,requirements etc and set up a meeting a week later:When I arrived,the sales guy lost all my personal details and requirements and we had to sit through it again - he also then seemed to have lost track of the car I was meant to test drive - finally he managed to track the car down - lets just say I was far from impressed - the car was very grubby inside and outside the MB OEM tyres had been replaced by something far nastier - worse still,my partner noticed that there was paint flaking on one of the alloys,on closer inspection,it was actually a weld repair to the alloy - I pointed this out to the sales guy whom proceeded to tell me that the cost to correct this and the tyres would weigh against the 'package' that the sales manager had prepared - I could not believe this car would even meet MB approved used spec. - by the way the so called package was 'hysterical' - it was that bad - so we left the dealership even more depressed.
Determined to make progress,I decided to go back to Stockport MB the following day - :thumb: All I can say is that if the previous experience was ridiculous - then at Stockport it was sublime ! - the sales staff really did listen and had the foresight to remember all the things that had ticked my boxes the last time - clean-clean-clean and low millage and at a fixed monthly price I wanted to pay,not get steered into - in addition they managed to secure the car I wanted with the added bonus of a higher spec. (full command) and included some other much appreciated things,that made me feel valued as a returning customer - on the morning of the collect,everything went sweetly and the car was beautifully presented - all administrative stuff was dealt with so efficiently,it was fantastic and reassuring - I will definitely be going back a third time,as the standards of the dealership are what all Mercedes Benz customers should expect and when it goes right,we do not tell people often enough

Your not so pleasing first experience reminds me of my CLK buying experience at MB of Preston :doh:

A copy of your story to the dealer principal would be a nice way to thank the staff at the dealership. Always nice to show appreciation for good service.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom