A Law Unto Themselves - quite literally.

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

developer

MB Enthusiast
SUPPORTER
Car
Volvo V90 D5 AWD
A little evening ditty to share with you.

I approached a major crossroads today and sat in the traffic a few cars back from the red light.

Opposite me, on the double yellows lines and about 30ft from the lights was a police van, facing into the traffic.

He'd got two wheels on the double yellows/ two wheels on the footpath.

Hmm, I though, there's something going down here - that van's facing the traffic, on the yellows, right by the lights - a particularly dangerous, view obstructing, illegal (for you and I) position to be in.

Suddenly it all kicked off......................

Four of our finest boys in blue emerged from the bodybuilding supplements store on the other side of the road, each carrying their newly purchased proteins and powders in their shiny plastic bags.

They got in the van and drove off.

You try doing that :mad:.

Last edited:
Not with them big boys around thank you.!!

Makes you want to spit does it not. But not on the footpath of course.

Four of our finest boys in blue emerged from the bodybuilding supplements store on the other side of the road, each carrying their newly purchased proteins and powders in their shiny plastic bags.

That sounds more like evidence in sealed evidence bags, or were they carrier bags, if so, how do you know what was in them?

That sounds more like evidence in sealed evidence bags, or were they carrier bags, if so, how do you know what was in them?

Because they emerged in a very jovial manner, clearly not "on operation" and the bags were the cheapo thin white thingys showing their contents - a couple were carrying those very large bulking powder tubs, you know, the ones almost the same size as a petrol can.

It's possible they were on official business, but that's not how it the evidence presented itself (did you see what I did there? :)).

Ha ha, I could return with a quip that would indicate I knew what you were on about, but I have no idea :dk:.

You did something I do all the time: started out by putting "it", then decided to be more specific and put "the evidence" instead, but forgot to remove the "it"... :)

You did something I do all the time: started out by putting "it", then decided to be more specific and put "the evidence" instead, but forgot to remove the "it"... :)

I've read it again now and I can see I added an extra word (it). A typo.

So the grammar police are alive and well and living in MB land, nice to know we are being protected :D

I noticed in our latest neighbourhood watch letter that the local Police instead of ticketing people that park half on the pavement, are advising that the drivers leave enough room for people walking and in wheelchairs, etc.

Seems that road rules have been relaxed.

The van you saw was in fact a Grammar Police marked vehicle, and the lads were on official duty removing bags full of evidence - wrongly placed apostrophes, superfluous pronouns, that sort of thing.

I guess as always judgement cannot be passed unless all the facts are known. Where they on a raid? Shopping? In their lunch hour?

Just sit back and relax with a nice cuppa, feeling smug that it doesnt taste like crappy protein drinks :D

We had a visit from the pm last year and as a result we had a beat bobby in our security lodge.
Lookin at the cameras we noticed an armed response vehicle parked on zig zags at the crossing.
My colleague decided to have a bit of banter with the bobby and this is how convo went....

Mate: have you got your penalty book on you ?

Bobby: yeah why?

Mate: some idiot has parked illegally

Bobby: where I'll get him shifted the d**k ( he jumped out of the chair he was sat in and started puffin his chest out)

Mate: there's the d**k (turning camera onto armed response vehicle)

Bobby: f**k that, they've got guns in there!! (sittin back down like a child who's been told off)

I no they were on official duty and they had to be there, but it made us laugh watching this bobby bounce about thinkin he was gonna get praised from his superiors.

We had the same a couple of weeks ago in brixton, meat wagon parked on double red route, we couldn't get past in our van, really cheered us up no end as the coppers came back after 5 minutes with their McDonald's bags !

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom