A minor central locking problem (S202)

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

tron

Car
S203 220CDI.
The battery went unaccountably flat. It was disconnected, recharged and appears fine. The central locking opens with the remote and flashes its lights correctly.
It locks the car fully but does not flash the indicators. The switch on the centre console does not lock the car. This is apparently the result of a flat battery but do not know the correct reset sequence if one exists. Does anybody have any understanding of this problem, please?

What type of remote fob do you have?

Dec

Could it be something to do with the alarm, how old is the alarm siren?

You get 3 flashes of the hazard lights when you lock, if you leave a door open and then lock with the remote you should get 2 flashes of the hazard lights, the alarm won’t go off when you lock the car with a door open, try that and see what happens.

Dec

Dec, thank you for your help. I am ashamed to find that it was a Tron induced fault.

No, it wasn't the alarm because the siren is due to be refitted next week following a battery replacement.

I now know what it was and can also explain the flattened battery. I have been fitting electric seats. That meant taking off the door cards. Because it is not possible to work on seat switches without removing the door cards several times, I had fitted the clips and handle screws but not the escutcheon around the lock.
The aforementioned escutcheon not only closes the door switch but illuminates the interior, in this case, drawing two Amps for about twenty hours.
The car locked but didn't get the closed signal from the passenger's door. once the escutcheon was replaced, all was well.

I did that myself, had a rear door card off while awaiting a window motor, couldn’t figure out why the rear dome light wouldn’t go off , it took nearly a week before the penny dropped, like you it was the absence of the escutcheon.

Dec

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom