A Quiet Night In - Not!

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

developer

MB Enthusiast
SUPPORTER
Car
Volvo V90 D5 AWD
Tonight I'll be accompanying my son to a four band metal bash in Worcester :eek:.

I will "enjoy":

Fury
Fortress
Adamantium and
Steeltrooper.

I've been to a few of these before - only 5 hours of ear bleeding volumes, circling moshpits and black leather rocker/goth/metal/badge clad young people.

\M/

See, I even know the metal genre text speak :thumb:.

Sunday will be a day of ringing ears :crazy:.

For those us that don't do metal text speak, what is \M/ ?

Are you going to be a dad in the corner? I went to see Razorlight just as they broke, and I was there for me, but it was full of teenagers. I felt compelled to stand with the "Dads"!! :)

Have fun...

Edited to add: I believe there's a different protocol for Moms at concerts. They have to clamour for the front row leaving their daughters and dignity at the door, and freeing them up to throw their bra at Gary Barlow (or similar) :D

Last edited:
For those us that don't do metal text speak, what is \M/ ?

Thanks, here's \M/

imagesCACLUZWY.jpg

Discrete ear defenders might be the appropriate order of the day. If asked just say they are deaf aids- which they are in a way. :rolleyes:

The horned hand has a few other regional meanings too.

Go to a gig with my old man when I was in my youth? Never!

John! Worcester!! Where? Marrs bar???

We're out at Grimley to start with but will try and get along if you let me know.

Perhaps you could get them to do some festive requests...

[YOUTUBE]i8iRIjt9BRQ[/YOUTUBE]

PS The only way to feel the noise is when it's good and loud.

John! Worcester!! Where? Marrs bar???

We're out at Grimley to start with but will try and get along if you let me know.

Yes Tim - Marrs Bar from 7.30 onwards - we're really going to see Fury as Greg's developed a friendship with them, but I can't vouch for the other bands.

Sometimes we get backstage AAA (Access All Areas) passes but it's not been mentioned this time. I say this because of we are backstage we're not in the main area.

I'll PM you my mobile so I'll find you if you make an appearance.

Go a little further than backstage, and you'll be in my office!

Will let you know how we're getting on - don't forget to pm your number :thumb:

Sounds like fun, although certainly not my cup of tea!!

I went to an 80s gig in Glasgow Green a few months back, I think I was the youngest person there (25yo). It was like T-In-The-Park for the mature audience.

Was well worth it to hear Belinda Carlisle, Paul Young and T'Pau live, truly epic. Unfortuantely, I was truly born 20 years to late...

Was great to meet you and the lad, John :thumb: Hope he enjoyed it.

Couldn't believe Mrs TDE1 was bobbing up and down to the music!! :rock:

Tim

Hello Tim - a mini GTG at max volume :cool:

I'll post the photo this evening - you have been warned :D.

MB Club goes metal.

Me (well they do say the camera puts 10lbs on you) and Mr and Mrs TDE1.

We rocked :rock:.
P1010178.jpg

Actually Tim, looking in your eyes, there's something a bit "Damien" going on there :eek:.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom