A really p*ssed off E-Class owner

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
All for being ten minutes over his time.
What made the people elected to run this country decide that such a thing was a crime against the rest of the population and warranted such draconian penalties to punish those that transgress. Mean while, rapists , thieves and murderers play the legal system in this country and abuse bail conditions , whilst employing barristers from the public purse to mitigate their offences.

This is what happens when people sit back and fail to voice their objections to those in power either via direct contact or the ballot box.

I would be really whacked off if it was my car!

Forget the legalities of whether the thing was parked properly or not - let us see these muppets have the book thrown at them for every possible health and safety violation they have committed.

If that were a workplace (actually it was) - Joe the digger driver would have had his CITB card torn up and got slung off of site.

First off there is no excuse for incompetance, and hopefully the owner of the E-class will be compensated, but do we know for sure this car only parked for ten minutes over the alloted period? I am NOT defending the incompetance of the cowboys that attempted to lift this vehicle, but my experience ius that a good story usually contains a degree of embellishment. What is the experience of our London residents? Is there a fixed procedure? ie First period of illegal parking equates to a fixed penalty, then after a set period this 'lift and shift' wagon appears?

I am asking these questions simply to get a better understanding and am not taking anyone's side.

Regards
John

For gods sake, it doesn't matter if it had been there 3 days. To set about destroying what is clearly an item of some value because you want to teach the owner a lesson is a monstorous way for a so called civilised society to be dealing with parking issues.

First off there is no excuse for incompetance, and hopefully the owner of the E-class will be compensated, but do we know for sure this car only parked for ten minutes over the alloted period? I am NOT defending the incompetance of the cowboys that attempted to lift this vehicle, but my experience ius that a good story usually contains a degree of embellishment. What is the experience of our London residents? Is there a fixed procedure? ie First period of illegal parking equates to a fixed penalty, then after a set period this 'lift and shift' wagon appears?

I am asking these questions simply to get a better understanding and am not taking anyone's side.

Regards
John

John

Why ruin a good story with facts................:D This had me in stitches....but not so sure I would have been smiling if it was my car...:eek:

This is what happens when people sit back and fail to voice their objections to those in power either via direct contact or the ballot box.

Dave - please give it a rest, it's getting tedious now.

No more political rhetoric, if you would be so kind.

Not as tedious as whingers like you who can't see the relevance of the statement to the topic being discussed

John

Why ruin a good story with facts................:D This had me in stitches....but not so sure I would have been smiling if it was my car...:eek:
:) It made me smile in a sad sort of way, but imagine if that was my car and they had put a ripple in the roof!

I wonder what the real legal implications are regarding the removal of vehicles?

Regards
John

For gods sake, it doesn't matter if it had been there 3 days. To set about destroying what is clearly an item of some value because you want to teach the owner a lesson is a monstorous way for a so called civilised society to be dealing with parking issues.

Like I said, if a guy hired a wagon with a hiab and did the same thing, there would be a jobsworth from the council there within minutes.

Complete disregard for health and safety, and the employers should be hauled over the coal too for failing to employ properly trained staff.

I hope the old chap sues the cobblers off of them and those idiots lose their jobs.

Obviously the old boy will get nicely compensated for damage to his beautiful car as he rightly should be and the people involved will be out of jobs very soon I'm sure but why would anybody do such a thing?

I'm struggling to believe that in the process of lifting this car they managed to accidentally get it into that state.

All for being ten minutes over his time.
What made the people elected to run this country decide that such a thing was a crime against the rest of the population and warranted such draconian penalties to punish those that transgress. Mean while, rapists , thieves and murderers play the legal system in this country and abuse bail conditions , whilst employing barristers from the public purse to mitigate their offences.

Not as tedious as whingers like you who can't see the relevance of the statement to the topic being discussed

DaveK, you have been warned on the other thread about your continuous referals to politics. Now you even start calling other members names.
I suggest that you stop it immediately, or I will have no other option than to ban you from this forum.
We do not take kindly to people who continue to ignore the rules after having being told.

Take this as your last warning.

Under Health & Safety legislation, namely Lifting Operations and Lifting Equipment Regulations (LOLER) this should be reported to the HSE under (Reporting of Injuries Diseases, Dangerous Occurences Regulations) RIDDOR as a failure of lifting equipment. Clearly the lift has not been properly planned (as it should be in accordance with the Regs) Also, the public, etc. have not been kept out of the danger area.

The Regs are there - they must be obeyed.

Phone the HSE and report it
http://www.hse.gov.uk/riddor/

Good luck

Mike

Will all those who say if you have nothing to fear, please stand up please stand up.

The moment you buy a car, you have a lot to fear.
I would be seeking for a new car, or at least a financial package to cover the value loss from a creased roof.
Now who caused more traffic chaos, two massive lowloaders in a street or a little merc?.
I wonder, if the lift snapped will it not have hurled the car like a pendulum effect or like a hammer throw?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom