A sudden cut out.............

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

JohnC

Car
2012 E350 Convertible
Well, there I was cruising up the M40, car in front suddenly braked, I had to hit the anchors as well, and then my engine cut out, all the warning lights came on, lost power, steering - everything. Tried re-starting - but I got the "refer to handbook" message (bit of a problem really - travelling at 70+) Hit the hazards and managed to drift over to the hard shoulder. Tried to restart - no problem, so continued my journey, deciding to take it in for a diagnostic. A few miles further on, a loon a Discovery decided to pull out in front (must have thought he was a BMW - no signal) again I had to hit the brakes - same thing happened - engine cut out, all the warning lights came on, again hit the hazards and got to the hard shoulder, with the sudden realization what had happened! From moving my foot from the gas to the brake, my knee had hit the key fob and turned the key to off! So i'm not getting a diagnostic, just ditching the (Mercedes) key fob!

Best argument in support of left foot braking I have come across.

I have genuinely never ever heard of this happening before. I guess there's a first for everything

Thank goodness you realised what happened.

Imagine the scratched heads at the dealership trying to find that one...and probably not being able to re create the "fault".

Don't worry mate you are not the only one to have done it!!!!

I have freakishly long legs and super short monkey arms so my knees often bash the keys in the ignition

Thank goodness you realised what happened.

Imagine the scratched heads at the dealership trying to find that one...and probably not being able to re create the "fault".
And the eye-watering bill for “diagnostics” - despite not finding a fault!

:D:D

i do wonder why my merc don't have keyless entry and start but the equivalent A6 and 5-series have :wallbash:

my dad's 2003 micra have it as standard!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom