a thank-you, and why "successful" forums work

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

jonnyboy

MB Enthusiast
Car
1991 sl300-24 project,s124 280,w115 no interior, w108 project no engine
My old man always used to say "quid pro quo" , well, not really, actually used to say always pay back favours (a simple fella at heart he is).

A personal thank you to a member who went above and beyond for me last week:-

I pm'd EDZ649 aka Leigh from Scott James Windows following some comments he made regarding soffits and fascia's on another thread. I'd been let down by a chippie so was left to do mine on my new garage under time pressure. It was an awkward one as the roof is complex (barn-end hips for those in the know).

Leigh responded straight away, what followed was a series of emails/pm's/pictures/weblinks and phone calls. He was a top bloke and I couldn't have done it without him, he even told me to call him on a saturday afternoon on his mobile if I got stuck, how about that?

So cheers again fella, I owe you one.

I reckon thats what makes good forums work, putting yourself out for others, not just taking and leaving, hence I always try to help out if its a thread where I know something, like, of course!!!!!

Asides from the thank-you, another thread drove this one (regarding one-post-wonders....)

I have seen several people join this forum and say "Bl**dy Hell, I thought this was supposed to be a motoring forum - When we gonna talk about cars?" :rolleyes:

I don't know if they are still active members though.

This is my first forum of any kind and the only one I use.

I don't really need to use another forum and if I did, I suspect I'd be disappointed. ;)

Great knowledge of all things, great crack, humour and banter form the members of which 99% are real Gentlemen (and Ladies). :thumb:

Last edited:
The remarkable thing is that this is not exceptionaland I tend to look on folks here as my friends.

I have yet to ask a question and not get a reply and the great majority of folks have always gone that extra five miles and really put themselves out :)

Thanks for your kind words John, I was only too glad to be able to give something back to a fellow member of this great forum. Hope you managed to get the job finished to your satisfaction! :) All the best, Leigh.

Thanks for your kind words John, I was only too glad to be able to give something back to a fellow member of this great forum. Hope you managed to get the job finished to your satisfaction! :) All the best, Leigh.

You're welcome Leigh.

My satisfaction,err nope, but thats down to user error and being pedantic!

Never mind, those fascia bruises are right where a gutter bracket will sit ;)

You're welcome Leigh.

My satisfaction,err nope, but thats down to user error and being pedantic!

Never mind, those fascia bruises are right where a gutter bracket will sit ;)

Lol, well at least you'll be an expert next time!:)

exactly! just need to carry some de-bonder in stock hahaha

Not just the soffits & fascias - My experience is that this forum delivers - every time

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom