A169 single or double din??

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

ldare

Car
2007 R320 CDI Sport / 2003 270ML CDI Inspiration
Hi
I have a 2006 A169 with a single din Audio 5 unit. Some 2006 A169's have a double din.....Can mine take a double din if I get the right trims?

Ta

I mean w169

Yes, you can easily replace Audio 5 with Audio 20 (COMAND is a bit more complicated with air duct, etc).

You just need a double-DIN specced a/c controls surround, like this one:

MERCEDES B CLASS W245 TOW SWITCH / HEATER CLIMATE CONTROL SURROUND TRIM PANNEL | eBay

If you get this particular one, you might want to fill those deep scratches and re-paint, alternatively there are others on eBay too, in better condition, for about £17-18.

There will be a certain amount of repositioning of switches, etc, but nothing that's not obvious or not simple enough.

Someone on BenzWorld forum have done that a couple of years ago, if I remember correctly.

Hi
Thanks for the info, bought a surround for 17 quid. Im thinking of putting this in: https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/192042426757

Had similar before, this is Android, I had a Windows CE unit in a W203 which in the main was ok. RDS was poor but other features were good.

Cheers

I had a very basic (no GPS, by choice) Xtrons double-DIN in my old W168, worked perfectly for four years.

Hi
Thanks for the info, bought a surround for 17 quid. Im thinking of putting this in: https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/192042426757

Had similar before, this is Android, I had a Windows CE unit in a W203 which in the main was ok. RDS was poor but other features were good.

Cheers

If I were you I'd get a unit from a brand such as Pioneer

You can pick up a used Pioneer SPH-Da120 for around £200 and that's is a spectacular unit. With excellent sound :thumb:

Incidentally, been looking at that, as you suggested - great stuff, and it looks like there's a specific surround kit for W169/W245 - where do I get this? Don't see it listed anywhere, unless they use a different description - it's part number CA-HM-MB.001

Incidentally, been looking at that, as you suggested - great stuff, and it looks like there's a specific surround kit for W169/W245 - where do I get this? Don't see it listed anywhere, unless they use a different description - it's part number CA-HM-MB.001

I will have a look for you now

I have had a look online and can see one but not sure if it'll fit your year of A class. Which year is it?

COMAND UK will be able to check for you as they had a look for mine :) they can order it in and it'll be ready for when you go down to have it fitted

For the cabling let me know the year of your A class and I can give you the relevant adaptor
Code you need. It'll be a Connects2 steering interface you'll need, as well as an aerial adaptor and a patch lead for pioneer unit.

Thanks, that's great. The car is A200 C169 2006

Thanks, that's great. The car is A200 C169 2006

Hi again,

Sorry for the delay went out for a cruise in the CLK :D

The interface you need is the CTSMC001.2 (manufacturer states that it will fit the W169 from 2004 - 2012 which has an audio 20 currently fitted with a quad-lock connection) and the patch lead is the CTPIONEERLEAD (or different for whichever brand of radio you use)

You will also need an aerial adaptor such as an Autoleads PC5-27 or an Autoleads PC5-100 , I used the first one for mine but I recommend you check the aerial connector on yours to make sure it'll fit. Both of the above are listed to work with your car, but the PC5-100 looks more promising (if you purchase all these parts from a radio shop then they should throw one in free of charge but I doubt you'll be using the radio anymore with the CarPlay system ;) )

Would you be looking for somewhere in Northampton to purchase all the parts or do so online?

The place I got mine was Car Audio Security in Hayes NW London although I went in person as I used to live in London, can also recommend Dynamic Sounds in Garratt Lane London.

Both of them have online stores, with Dynamic sound also having an eBay store so you'll be covered by eBay's protection in case of any returns etc.

Please double check the connections on your radio match the connections of the interfaces I've linked as I've done my best to double check but you can never be too sure :D

Excellent! Saved :thumb:

I was going to buy online, but there might be a trip to London coming up, will see.

Excellent! Saved :thumb:

I was going to buy online, but there might be a trip to London coming up, will see.

Car Audio Security has a fancy showroom and is normally full of the 'air-ride' types but the staff know what they are doing :thumb:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom