A170 Fuel problems

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Steve 2013

Car
a170
Hello again, I'm still struggling with this 2002 a170 that i bought 2 weeks ago. Whilst driving I began to lose power until vehicle just stopped dead on the road. Green flag suggested a badly seated injector and recovered me home. I took off the manifold etc to get to the injectors and found that one of the injector pipes had snapped off and the clamp holding that injector was loose as was both pipes (the snapped one included). I bought a new pipe and injector clamp bolts, I only replaced the loose one as the other clamp had a different sized head so I guess must have been re-tapped due to getting stuck in (I've been doing some research at Lofty's Homepage). Well, I fitted the new parts today but the car still won't start. I'm guessing it's air in the fuel line, but I've never worked on a common rail diesel before. My old 307 van used to suck in air and was always hell to re-start if ever it ran out of diesel, I wonder if this car is just the same (It's got 145k on the clock so no spring chicken)

Any comments or ideas would be welcome.

Also, can I manually bleed the injectors with the manifold removed?? Is there an easier way to release the air?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom