A180 (W169) Parktronic sensors

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

A170 Blue

Car
A180 Avantgarde Blue EFFICIENCY (1.7 Petrol)
I had the A180 in the MB dealers yesterday as I have been getting a spurious beep and four red lights on the front Parktronic display shortly after startup recently...........(in addition to the initial test lights on startup)

The dealer put it on the Star diagnostics and checked out the parktronic system as OK but it showed one stored fault on the system.

They then showed me the MB answer to my problem of spurious warnings, which I cannot accept as an "Engineering Solution"

Apparently MB suggest that the front number plate holder/surround is removed and the plate is attached directly to the front bumper!
Apparently they say that the A and M class Mercedes have shown this problem...........(The car is 8 months old and never displayed this problem before)

I refused this option as the front plate holder is a genuine MB part and is standard on the A Class and all other Mercedes..........The dealer said that he could remove the rear plate holder so as the plates did not look odd!

I have contacted MB Technical in Europe and asked for a propper engineering solution and not a "Cosmetic bodge"........MB Europe have allocated a fault query number and will liaise with the dealer and get back to me

Any other W169 owners experienced this on their cars, and what solution did you reach?

Update:
I have been contacted by Mercedes Benz Technical who have spoken with the dealership and are going to try to offer me an acceptable solution..................I hope to hear more next week..........Watch this space............Has anyone else had this occur?

Further Update:
I am to take the A180 in next week for the dealer to fit a replacement (redesigned?) front number plate holder!

Can you take a photo of the existing numberplate holder and then the new one and post them up.

Can you take a photo of the existing numberplate holder and then the new one and post them up.

Sorry..........(Only just seen your post!)......Too late for existing plate holder photo

New front plate holder fitted by dealer Monday 19th is almost identical to previous holder, but appears to be a "closer fit" to the bumper............So far no further spurious warnings!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom