Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

alldar

Car
2010 E200 CGI Cabriolet A207
How can I check the heated rear window and heated mirrors are working properly.....they don't seem to clear the glass of droplets. On the HRW, I have checked voltage on heater strands using a multimeter and grounded to door latch - zero when not on, 0.6v when switched on?...would have expected 12v.....anybody any ideas?

If the elementss are printed on the screen and you can get to them with a voltmeter, put one probe on earth and the other in the middle of each element.

6 volts means it is working as it should
0 volts means there is a break between the supply and the point you are measuring
12 volts means there is a break between the point you are measuring and earth.

I prefer a testlight. Much more visual.

The temperature of the mirror glass needs to be below about 15° in orderfor the mirror to heat up.

If you put a cup of boiling water under the rear window on a cold morning then the window should mist up which should then start to clear within a minute or less when demister is switched on, engine might need to be running.

Dec

When checked out, now seems to be working ok.....may be due to temp getting colder....low temp limit before fully functional??

Only on the door mirrors, which come on automatically at temps below 15c. The rear screen heater should come on whenever the switch is pressed, IGN on.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom