A4 flyer left on merc whilst on driveway should I be concerned ??

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Felstmiester

MB Enthusiast
Car
Range rover sport
I was in. Wife was out. When she came back she saw it put under wiper on windscreen. Says all cars wanted, trucks, vans, motor homes , boats, plant machinary, barns and garages cleared, anything wanted for scrap call this number. Cheeky buggers must of walked up my driveway to put it on!! My van was also on driveway, nothing on that and nothing on any other cars around my area.

Last edited:
Just be more vigilant

We were moving stuff around in the garage and had a van parked in the drive, next min we hear some guy shouting walked out and seen an eastern european guy with a sprinter looking for scrap metal, walked right into the drive and towards the garage.

Soon as he seen there were 4 of us(me and my brothers) he quickly left.

Better safe than sorry, looking for scrap metal could be an excuse for anything checking out houses, cars, who lives there, security etc etc.

^+1 Be more vigilant. Don't leave garage doors wide open for too long etc.

Whoever left it must of known car was there as it's not a through road. Also wife's car and van are always parked in front.

Probably kids playing a prank.:D

Park your van tight up against the MB for a few days, make it an awkward lift.

I was in. Wife was out. When she came back she saw it put under wiper on windscreen. Says all cars wanted, trucks, vans, motor homes , boats, plant machinary, barns and garages cleared, anything wanted for scrap call this number. Cheeky buggers must of walked up my driveway to put it on!! My van was also on driveway, nothing on that and nothing on any other cars around my area.

Why not phone him (141 in front of your number) posing as a potential customer get his name and address?
We recently had a car taken with keys (broke into house). Couple of weeks prior we had a community service team working in the village grass cutting.
The other chief suspect; according to our neighbours, apparently we had a dodgy guy calling door-to-door 'selling cleaning products' a week or so before the car was taken. My advice is don't take your keys to bed with you!

He's a very considerate potential thief...leaving a warning note.

Get cctv installed.'it's plug and play and 4 cameras with a recorder with iPhone app etc is £160.

Sleep peacefully.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom