A45 AMG Version III?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Callum66

Car
Subaru
Having recently been attracted to the A45 AMG I read, via Auto Express in June, that there is likely to be a new, 400bhp, model coming. Does anyone think this is likely to be soon i.e. by next spring time?

I appreciate I could add a tuning box to the FL 380bhp version and achieve 400+ easily but this is not the only consideration. Is there any likelihood of further information coming out of Frankfurt this week?

Thanks,
Callum

It'll probably just be an "S" version, new FL just arriving now, so it's too early for another.... So, my money is on the "S"

Steve

Thanks Steve.
I'm completely new to MB so please excuse my ignorance. How does the 'S' generally differ? Same mechanics but different styling or a collection of changes?
The options under consideration are A45 AMG or the 2015 Focus RS with a Mountune package. Think I'm having another mid-life crisis. :rolleyes:

Last edited:
I've just come from the A45 to a C63S it's a lot different lol

As a good start there is a specific A class forum.... Aclassclub.co.uk, have a look on there. I suspect there will be an S as MB seem to be doing S's on other models, so you could expect the FL mk2 A45 to have an S version.

Main changes, more power, electronic front diff, and cosmetics with some other bits and bobs. If an S is made it'll have the power and torque boost.

Steve

Most recent news I read last week ruled out an S variant, as they feel 380hp is enough for that engine. We will have to wait until next gen for more power

Test drove a pre FL car this week and, with a few reservations, liked it. Certainly think it would benefit from more power. Wish I had a crystal ball to know what's coming in the next while. Thanks for the replies and I'll go & look at the other forum. I think I just need to exercise some patience for a change.

Good write-up in autocar. This is just a facelift not an S

Test drove a pre FL car this week and, with a few reservations, liked it. Certainly think it would benefit from more power. Wish I had a crystal ball to know what's coming in the next while. Thanks for the replies and I'll go & look at the other forum. I think I just need to exercise some patience for a change.

I wouldn't. I spoke to head office yesterday and they have also said they don't believe that there will be an S model.

I wouldn't. I spoke to head office yesterday and they have also said they don't believe that there will be an S model.

Head Office? Which one?

Just read the Autocar article and it would appear that there are a few, decent improvements in the FL. It sounds like it will be well worth a test drive once demonstrators get to the dealers. I'm looking forward to the possibility of becoming an MB owner for the first time.

No S model. They only facelifted so early to put it back ahead of the RS3 but the "S" was always rumours and Merc have confirmed that they are at the limits of what the engine can offer so the next time round it will be a whole new engine so it's likely to be with us now until the end of this generation of A class.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom