Aaaaargh - daily attack from diseased pests

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

clk208

MB Enthusiast
Car
CLS
Currently working away from home and have no choice but to park the CLS under a tree whilst I'm away where my accommodation is.

Every day it is getting splattered with huge amounts of diseased pigeon poo - it is absolutely disgusting and in a variety of colours.

So my normal routine is to each evening fill a couple of bottles with water from a tap and remove the bird vandalism with water and a soft cloth.

It seems my 24 hourly routine is not enough though - look at the damage a big dollop managed to cause (photo in next post from phone camera).

It seems to have left a permanent scarring on the paintwork which will not come off. There are a couple of panels like this now :doh:

Would a good detailer be able to sort this or am I going to be looking at a full respray if I stay down here another month?!

a good detailed should be able to help and suggest some extra wax protection

Attachments

• images.jpg
    images.jpg
    7.3 KB · Views: 20
Had similar on a non metallic blue polo. Clay bar from Bilt Hamber sorted it with no problem.

Think yourself lucky. I was in Central London on Tuesday and got hit with bird poo on jacket and shirt too. Wonder if a Detailer could sort that out as well????

I had the same problem on my bonnet. After a pigeon pie dinner, I purchased some G3 scratch removing paste from Halfords. This stuff did a really good job of removing the bird lime marks, only downside is it does leave some holograms in the paint.

Thanks all. Will give the clay a go for an initial cleanup but have a feeling the marks won't come out- had a similar issue in the exact same spot on my blue CLK and the problem was it had gone through the lacquer so no joy!

I guess the next thing to try is the abrasive stylie polishes/ scratch remover.

What do these London birds eat?! Never ha this problem anywhere else in the country!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom