About to return to the fold

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Barryboy

Car
Nissan Qashqai
Hi... Until 3 years ago I had a lovely diesel C200 Avantage auto but made the mistake of trading it in for a car to obtain lower running costs. I got a Nissan Qashqai 1.5 diesel which has only two redeeming features - firstly it returns 50 mpg and secondly I don't bang my head getting into it....

But time for a change and I'm looking to get into another Mercedes. It has to be diesel for MPG reasons, the dodgy left knee would prefer an auto and it has to be 4 door. I'm due to retire in 4 years so this car will have to serve me until then - I'm currently doing the average 12000 miles per year so I'm looking to get a car with no more than about 60K miles on the clock. To complicate matters I am not at all wealthy so given my 14K budget and always having one eye on the running costs I am obviously looking at a C class.

I am doing the usual research but a little puzzled on one point - What's the difference between the C200 Cdi and the C220 Cdi cars from around the 2010 year? They both seems to have a 2134 cc engine and the same body shape. There's obviously something I've missed here (call me old thicky-thicko if you like) and would welcome somebody helping me differentiate between the two as these appear to be my best options, although if I can stretch the budget just a little I might be able to look at C250's.

Hoping for some sound advice
Rob

Hi... Until 3 years ago I had a lovely diesel C200 Avantage auto but made the mistake of trading it in for a car to obtain lower running costs. I got a Nissan Qashqai 1.5 diesel which has only two redeeming features - firstly it returns 50 mpg and secondly I don't bang my head getting into it....

But time for a change and I'm looking to get into another Mercedes. It has to be diesel for MPG reasons, the dodgy left knee would prefer an auto and it has to be 4 door. I'm due to retire in 4 years so this car will have to serve me until then - I'm currently doing the average 12000 miles per year so I'm looking to get a car with no more than about 60K miles on the clock. To complicate matters I am not at all wealthy so given my 14K budget and always having one eye on the running costs I am obviously looking at a C class.

I am doing the usual research but a little puzzled on one point - What's the difference between the C200 Cdi and the C220 Cdi cars from around the 2010 year? They both seems to have a 2134 cc engine and the same body shape. There's obviously something I've missed here (call me old thicky-thicko if you like) and would welcome somebody helping me differentiate between the two as these appear to be my best options, although if I can stretch the budget just a little I might be able to look at C250's.

Hoping for some sound advice
Rob

Hiya, they all have the same basic engine but the c200 only has a single turbocharger whereas the c220 has a twin turbo set up. The c250 is then a higher tuned version of the c220. There may be other small differences but as far as I'm aware these are the main differences.

Hi welcome back.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom