Abs, bas,ets lights on

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Antsgotanmlissue

Car
ML 270 CDI W163 2000
Hi all, new member joined today looking for technical help please. The issue I have is as follows:
Abs, bas and ets lights glowing as soon as engine started. K25 relay bridged, abs motor not running. Motor removed and brushes replaced, while motor was off and power and earth connectors accessible, I tested for power. No power at red wire terminal with relay bridged. Red wire traced back to underside of fuse box, not under relay but near F27 fuse. Continuity confirmed from this wire to motor. Now this is where I am having issue, I have 12v to relay, I have 12v to F27 fuse on both fuse connectors with fuse removed and to relay with fuse removed. There is no connection between either the fuse or the relay and the red wire connector under the fuse box. I would like to confirm if my fuse box has a burnt out link? I refitted the abs motor and rewired the K25 relay so that the motor would run. The motor did run for a short while but was very loud, as if a bearing was rough, but they were ok when stripped to fit brushes. Motor now dead again. I have ordered a replacement pump/modulator assembly.
Do I need a fuse box?
Does the abs pump run continuously with engine running or only cutting in when required?
If anybody could shed any light on this issue I would much appreciate some help. Cheers.

Have you checked the brake pedal switch? Had similar on my B Class and that was all it was. Another symptom is the cruise control doesn't work.

If you have disconnected the battery, then you need to follow the reset procedure.

Steering wheel lock to lock will clear ABS/BAS faults.

Also windows and electric seats need to be reset.

Full procedure is in the manual

Hi Matt, thank you for your input. The battery hasn't been disconnected recently. The error codes pint to ABS pump and I have no power to pump from fuse box even though fuses and relays are good. I suspect the pump motor and possibly fuse box issues but I was hoping somebody on the forum could help with fuse box schematic as I have no connection between fuse or relay going to pump wire.
Thanks again, Ant.

ABS BAS can also be wheel sensor

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom