Acquired taste

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

clk320x

Hardcore MB Enthusiast
SUPPORTER
Car
Tesla Model S, Model 3 LR, Model X /// Previous: Jaguar XFR, Mercedes E320 CDI, C32 AMG, CLK 320
Reactions: GLK
"Selling for a friend......" (coughsbullsh£t)

......ive fitted LEDs.....Ive damaged the wiring.....it's my daily driver....I'm going to miss it......

And he saves the best for last....'previously written off" :) :)

The interior looks (1) very creased /dirty on backrest bolsters (2) low rent infill on seats...and horrid cover on the armrest.

But from outside at 1000 yds it looks fine, which is as near as I'd want to get.

Highly specced, shame is a bag-o-shite.

vomit_smiley.gif

Qwalitee

Its not that bad, its just that chrome bits around the outside that doesnt look right and im not a fan of the seats. That 1 the other day with the rhubarb and custard interior was far worse!

I don't find it too offensive - definitely seen a lot worse.

What I don't understand is spending all that money on a car like that, if indeed that happened (i.e. the bits didn't fall out of a lorry), and why start with a stinky old 5 pot oiler and not something with a V8...

Is the driver's side a right old mix of whites as well or is that the ambient light?

Isn't it usually "Qwali'ee"?

Not seen a white CLK before
I quite like the car in that colour

But the rest of it is bad
And the advert is worse

But horses for courses....

I have seen a lot worse. I was driving in 2003 and liked Max Power, that’s all I’m saying.

But it’s still a ropey looking thing. Haha

I have seen a lot worse. I was driving in 2003 and liked Max Power, that’s all I’m saying.

But it’s still a ropey looking thing. Haha
I can remember buying the first issue in 1993, with a purple Peugeot 205 Dimma on the cover.

I can remember buying the first issue in 1993, with a purple Peugeot 205 Dimma on the cover.

Funnily enough that Car was also on the very last issue they sold.

I was only 11 in 1993 so my car interests didn’t extend much beyond Sega Rally and Micromachines haha

Ironically some of the 90s modifies stuff doesn’t look bad. The good ones like the 205 and Clio Dimma kitted ones look retro cool now. Where as seeing a Saxo with a Jap style kit and 20” rims looks utterly pants now!

Yeah I remember buying the odd Max Power in 1994/1995.

A lot of their project cars were over the top though even for me back then.

I remember they stripped out a Seat Leon, I think it was, and fitted (allegedly) £20k worth of sound system in it.

I could only have aspired to a sound system like that although I'd probably be deaf or have tinnitus by now!

I seem to remember someone crashing a Vauxhall Carlton (3000GSI?) project car through a shop window too...

I mind being at 2 max power meets up here in aberdeen, first time i had a black mk1 fiesta rs supersport and the seconda highly modified red mk1 fiesta, got a photo in the magazine doing a massive burnout :rolleyes:

You must remember jacki degg?

Don't remember her at all but she looks like she goes like a barn door in a storm...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom