1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Dear Guest, Official Club stickers are now available, if you have not already ordered some go grab them now! To order click this Link ----> CLICK ME Go get them whilst stocks last! To dismiss this notice click the cross to the right of this message.

Active bonnet management mafdunction w212

Discussion in 'Bodywork' started by ozthecoz, Jun 6, 2013.

1. ozthecoz

ozthecoz New Member

Just had the active bonnet management function warning flash up on my dash board.
    I've had no bumps or crashes and it came on whilst driving.
    Can anybody shed any light on this ? Is it safe to drive ?
    Car is a w212 220 Cdi e class.

Thanks
    Dave

2. OP
    OP
    ozthecoz

ozthecoz New Member

Interestingly enough the message cancelled after approx 10 miles of driving and is not stored in the service / alert part if the menu

Hmmmmm ?

3. OP
    OP
    ozthecoz

ozthecoz New Member

And it's back again.

Any comments ?

4. grober

grober Hardcore MB Enthusiast

Car:
    W204 C200CDI Estate
    The active bonnet system comprises three impact sensors in the front section of the car and special bonnet hinges which are pretensioned and locked into place with strong springs. The sensors signal a collision with a pedestrian to the electronic control unit, which immediately activates two electromagnets in the hinges. These electromagnets release the lock, allowing the spring action to raise the rear of the bonnet by 50 mm. This whole process takes only a fraction of a second.

I would suspect some form of intermittent electrical glitch causing a fault to be registered. Quite possibly a known "gremlin" your MB dealer should be able to assist may------- just require a minor adjustment.

edit :---there is a reset procedure evidently------- http://www4.mercedes-benz.com/manual-cars/ba/cars/c204/en/overview/motorraum9.html

Last edited: Jun 6, 2013
    1 person likes this.
  5. OP
    OP
    ozthecoz

ozthecoz New Member

Shall have a look at that in the morn though I think an electrical gremlin sounds about right as the warning went again pretty soon after and snt showing.

6. gmahadew

gmahadew New Member

Car:
    E coupe 350cdi
    Hi Any News about this? i've found a reset procedure you can DIY, pretty easy but did not work for me .. so hoping you guys have some new insights

Verstuurd vanaf mijn Nexus 6P met Tapatalk