Active Lane Assist

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

W44NNE

Car
C250 CDI AMG Line
My car stated "Active Lane Assist" in the advert when I purchased it. I know there's varying types of this system, so do I have the type that can steer the car back between the white lines, or does it just rumble the steering wheel?

Also, I have Parktronic but can this only be used for parallel parking, or bays as well? I don't think I'll use it much but it would be nice to know how limited it is.

Car is a 2014 W205 C250 with Distronic Plus and AMG line spec, thanks

Can't help, but if you post your VIN number, someone will get your datacard for you. Might fast track that process.

Can't help, but if you post your VIN number, someone will get your datacard for you. Might fast track that process.

Thanks, is it safe to do so publicly? I guess it's displayed on the car

Parktronic as a system is your parking sensors. The parallel park you are referring to is the park assist feature, which will guide you along the way with instructions on the screen between the dials. Distronic plus is a nice feature as all you do is set mac speed and following distance and after that the car does all the rest.
The active lane assist to my understanding should use brakes on the opposite side of the car to pull it back in the lane. Now obviously this can be overcome if you so wish, it is mainly to assist if you are slightly drifting away.
Those are the systems to my understanding but feel free to correct me if I am wrong.

Parktronic as a system is your parking sensors. The parallel park you are referring to is the park assist feature, which will guide you along the way with instructions on the screen between the dials. Distronic plus is a nice feature as all you do is set mac speed and following distance and after that the car does all the rest.
The active lane assist to my understanding should use brakes on the opposite side of the car to pull it back in the lane. Now obviously this can be overcome if you so wish, it is mainly to assist if you are slightly drifting away.
Those are the systems to my understanding but feel free to correct me if I am wrong.

Makes sense. I have definitely got park Assist so perhaps that's what I meant regarding the bays, rather than ParkTronic... it's not half confusing lol.

In regards to lane assist, I had an Audi A7 that steered itself back within the lines and then you'd touch the steering wheel if you'd taken your hands off the wheel etc. It wasn't perfect by any means but as long as I know the C class doesn't do that, I won't "test" it :-D

Thanks, is it safe to do so publicly? I guess it's displayed on the car

Yes, it's done regularly here. Someone will get the datacard which lists all the options, packages and features fitted to the car at it's build.

Fantastic, thanks. I'll give it a go and post the VIN if I get stuck.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom