Active park assist issues

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Mykbhoy

Car
Mercedes AMGline e class estate
When I was shown a E220 AMG by the tech guy at a Mercedes dealer I'm sure he demonstrated and talked about the fact that the active park assist covered parallel and perpendicular parking. To date, my car has not succeeded in performing a perpendicular park. It attempts it and then either fails miserably, aiming for the other parks cars bumpers or parks directly in front of the cars at 90 degrees. Neither are very handy :D. The car quite happily parallel parks though.

Am I doing something wrong or is there some sort of fault going on here?

Only tried it once but mine works ok. Is yours a brand new car?

It may be that the sensors are dirty, or a fault in the location. Works quite well for me and others although I do cringe at moments that it is quite close to hitting, but the system stops it.

It's brand new and very clean sensors. My wife refuses to use park assist as she has zero confidence in it doing the job. So the brakes will be applied before it will actually collide? What do you mean by a "fault in the location"?

Sounds like it only has parallel park. When you put it in reverse and it asks if you want to use the active park assist, what type of space does it show? Only recently have they introduced the bay parking, which your car may not have depending on when it was manufactured

It's two weeks old it was ordered in December '14 - it certainly reacts to a "bay park" space. It begins to go for the space then either straightens up or refuses to put enough lock on to achieve the reversing angle. Even putting it into drive and allowing it another cut leaves it aiming for the parked car rather than the space. I should maybe video it in action

Mine seems a bit hit and miss to, so I don't really use it....

I still have my eyes.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom